Table of Contents
- List of 7 Best Camping DUTCH OVEN Reviews
- 1. Le Creuset Round French Oven
- 2. Le Creuset Oval French Oven
- 3. Cuisinart CI670-30CR Chef’s Classic Enameled Cast Iron Review
- 4. Staub Round “La Cocotte” French Oven Review
- 5. Nordic Ware Pro Cast Traditions Enameled Dutch Oven With Cover Review
- 6. Lodge L8DOL3 Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Dutch Oven Review
- 7. Lodge Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven Review
- Top 8 Best Stand Mixers Reviews in 2020 You Can Consider
- Top 5 Best Ice Cream Makers Reviews in 2020
- Top 5 Best Cookware Under $300 (2020 Reviews & Buying Guide)
- HOW WE CHOSE
Sitting with your family near the fire, Cook some great meal using many different ingredients is one of the best experiences I remember as a child. In this compassion, we tested every one of this wonderful ovens in order to help you find the best one for you according to different measurements.
List of 7 Best Camping DUTCH OVEN Reviews
1. Le Creuset Round French Oven
Maybe you just have heard of Le Creuset Round French Oven, that is made in cast iron, for better results. It distribute and retying the heat more efficientlyand with less waste of energy. You can use it in any heat source, and you will get only the best results and efficiency, even when the temperature is low.
Their size is about 12 inches tall and weights around 13 pounds. Those round ovens, are one of the best seller´s in Amazon online store. They have different colors, and you can choose which is going better with the decoration of your kitchen or home. They also have different sizes and shapes to fit your needs.
The design of le creuset round french oven, is very actual. You can bring it to your dining table and everyone will love it. These oven´s are very resistant and they have one hundred years of warranty, and you will receive a new one if you found any defect. When you are trying to prepare a meal for your family or you are trying to cook for your son´s birthday party, round french over´s are perfect to prepare and serve any dishes you want. You can make some ribs and soup very quickly, and the taste is great. For preventing any accidents, the plastic knob it´s also very resistant, and it´s made in a very strong plastic to facilitate the transportation without burning. This french oven, includes a lid that helps to maintain the moisture and flavors from your cooked vegetables or meats.
In addition, there are many accessories that you can buy , to improve your cooking experience with Le Creuset dutch oven .You can buy the casserole if you want to get better results when you cook rice chicken for your lunch. The casserole can also be used to cook pork chops.
There many more options to equip your kitchen and to be prepared for any occasion. You can do basically anything whit this pot. It is also very easy to wash and it doesn´t get damaged from all the washes. They are an excellent wedding or birthday gift, and basically every American kitchen should have one . I know many people that have a le creuset round french oven for 20 or 30 years, and they are completely satisfied with this product. This a real product for life, don´t get the Chinese imitations, even if they are more cheap I can assure you that will not take much time to they begin to be damaged, and the meals will not be so tastefully.
What Should Shape Dutch Oven You Get?
Oval or Round Dutch Oven?
- The Le Creuset Dutch Oven is available in either an oval or round shape. If you are just starting out, the oval may provide the most flexibility. If you like to make a lot of soups and stews, around may be better. Either way, it is hard to go wrong. It can be hard to decide what shape dutch oven to buy.
Reasons to Buy Oval
- Better shape for roasting fish, chicken or pork chops
- Great for making no-knead bread, a popular recipe
Reasons to Buy Round
- Even heat distribution
- Fits better on a round burner
- More general purpose and very versatile
- Slighty better for doing soups and stews
Oval or round, it is difficult to go wrong with the Le Creuset Dutch Oven.
2. Le Creuset Oval French Oven
Stoves and kitchen appliances are something that makes the most of your kitchen look, if you have them in your kitchen then you not only can finish the tasks conveniently, but you can also make something special yet attractive with the help of different kitchen appliances. Sometimes, these equipment help you a lot in saving your precious time as well.
Le Creuset is one of the major kitchen appliance companies that are branded and labeled under the French name, the most stylish and urban in terms of usage and application. If you are still wondering that which brand to consider while purchasing kitchen appliances then according to me, your priority must be Le Creuset. One of the most attractive kitchen appliances offered by Le Creuset company is Le Creuset Oval French Oven. The oven provides the most ultimate advantages and benefits to the consumers.
- Le Creuset Oval French Oven set includes the most effectual element of butter dish that is the perfect example of excellent stoneware you would find on the market. Serving bowls, pitchers, platters and even a Wok dish are a wide range of oval French oven cookware that you can take out the positive impacts from. You can find this apparatus in different sizes and colors to mix and complement the form of kitchen arrangement you have and the style you want to have. These can be the most effective home decoration pieces added to your own kitchen within a short span of time, while you don’t have to worry about changing them for a longer period of time.
- It is obvious for a person to know that you would be able to serve something when you have something to cook with. Le Creuset dutch oven range comes with latest and elegant forms of frying pans, grillers and skillets. You can also take assistance from other features of this oven such as spoon spatula, blender, prep bowl, and whisk.
- The company is completely aware of its current position in the market and the demand for their products, in order to maintain their reputation they are offering advanced and tested kitchen appliances to the general consumers. Their retail outlets are found in different corners of the countries. Although you might find the prices a bit high according to me, purchasing something which is reliable and can be trusted blindly then you must not look the prices at all.
- You can find Le Creuset Oval French Oven set in different shapes and sizes to fit in your kitchen, you can consider buying a stove the with microwave that you can just place upwards the stove for your convenience. The organization and rejuvenation of the le creuset oval French oven materials is relatively easier than the ordinary ones. Both the inside and outside surfaces has a bake enamel finish which makes it nonstick and it is really finished up. Just a simple touch of plain dishwashing detergent and plain water with sponge is ought to do the job.
3. Cuisinart CI670-30CR Chef’s Classic Enameled Cast Iron Review
From the moment world-renowned chef Julia Child introduced viewers to Cuisinart, the company has been associated with food processors. That may be where their fame originated, but today they supply kitchens around the world with everything from can openers to waffle makers.
Since the 1970’s Cuisinart has been paving forging a path into bakeware, cookware, and tableware. With an eye for design excellence, they produce a multitude of useful items for every level of culinary experience. Cuisinart as a company is also incredibly dedicated to culinary education, sponsoring many chefs and television programs globally.
Though they still make some of the best food processors available, they have also made a name for themselves as makers of fine dutch ovens. The Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Enameled Cast Iron Round Covered Casserole is no exception. Through their entire line of Chef’s Classic cookware, you can easily see the time and attention spent in delivering products that are durable, user friendly, and cost conscious.
Features and How to Use
- As mentioned in the name, this dutch oven has a cast iron core with a porcelain enameled coating, inside and out. The coating allows foods to sear and brown very well without fear of sticking or burning. The cast iron construction allows for even heat retention and distribution, though it should be noted that the rim of the pot is not enameled, so it may rust if not properly cared for.
- The Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Enameled Cast Iron Round Covered Casserole can be used on electric, gas, ceramic, halogen, and induction stoves. It is also oven and broiler safe, but only to 350 degrees. Cuisinart states that this dutch oven is dishwasher safe which is always a plus; however, the finish may dull after repeated machine washing. The best practice is to hand wash your dutch oven, dry it thoroughly, and make sure to keep the exposed lip seasoned as necessary.
- The handles built into this dutch oven are ergonomic and very comfortable. The handle on the lid is also very user friendly, but be careful as it will heat up with the rest of your dutch oven. The lid helps create an airtight seal, allowing the oven to self-baste and ensure that your meals will be moist and flavorful. The lid’s tight seal helps to create a great environment for baking dutch oven breads.
- The Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Enameled Cast Iron Round Covered Casserole is available in a variety of sizes. You will need to keep in mind that the larger sizes can be very heavy and may be too large for a small family.
- Anyone who uses this dutch oven will love the ability to leave your soup or stew on low heat and have it simmer to perfection. What owners will appreciate even more is that the Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Enameled Cast Iron Round Covered Casserole can be as much as one third less expensive than other brands.
4. Staub Round “La Cocotte” French Oven Review
Whether you are making Lamb Ragu in a professional kitchen or apple butter at home, you need a dutch oven to do it properly. While a Dutch oven, also referred to as a French oven, is commonly thought of as a pot for cooking one-pot meals, but they are so much more.
This single piece of cookware is possibly the most versatile item you can own; giving you the ability to bake, stew, braise, fry, roast, sauté, and more. No one appreciates this more than the Staub Company.
Over forty years ago Staub started manufacturing a line of cookware that has become well known and loved by chefs around the world. Based in France, the makers of Staub products take the matter of dutch ovens very seriously. Nowhere is this more evident than in the Staub Round ”La Cocotte” French Oven Pot. Available in many sizes and colors, this dutch oven is likely the finest on the market for levels of culinary art.
Features and Usage
- Constructed from traditional cast iron with a highly durable enamel finish, this is a kitchen item you can own and pass down to your children. Staub makes sure that all of their dutch ovens are created with the highest standards in mind.
- They believe their enamel coating is of the finest quality. The enamel coating not only gives you an absolutely gorgeous piece of cookware, but also has improved resistance to scratching and thermal shocking. All of this means the pot will be far easier to care for than others and will not wear out for repeated use.
- This dutch oven is quite heavy for its size, which can be cumbersome for some cooks, but lends itself to the heat distribution necessary to work effectively. The Staub Round ”La Cocotte” French Oven Pot can be used on any cooking surface and is oven safe. It is also a great piece to use for serving cold dishes as it stays cold just as well as it retains heat; yet another reason why this dutch oven is indispensable in any kitchen.
- What may truly set the Staub Round ”La Cocotte” French Oven Pot apart from all of its competitors is the heavy duty lid. Not only does the lid create an amazingly tight seal, but it has what Staub calls ”built-in spikes”. Spikes in a pot lid? Yes, though they are not sharp as you may think. When the ingredients in your dutch oven heat and begin to produce steam; that steam rises. The risen steam collects on the inside of the lid in the form of condensation.
- As gravity pulls the condensation down the domed slope of the lid, the condensation runs into the “spikes” making it release from the lid and go back to your ingredients. This entire process translates into a dish that s more flavorful, moist, and nutrient rich. At the same time the Staub Round ”La Cocotte” French Oven Pot ensures that your meal cooks evenly and stays as tender as possible.
5. Nordic Ware Pro Cast Traditions Enameled Dutch Oven With Cover Review
For the millions of treasured recipes that require slow, even cooking, a dutch oven is the preferred cookware. Built to withstand heat for prolonged periods of time, even heat distribution, and retaining moisture, dutch ovens are a tool that every kitchen should have.
Whether you consider yourself a gourmet or a busy parent who needs to get dinner on the table, using a dutch oven for soups, stews, meats, and complete meals will make your cooking experience truly enjoyable.
In the late 1940’s a Minnesota housewife, and her husband who had just returned from the war, created the company Nordic Ware. Starting out with just four cookware products with Scandinavian roots the company has now grown to produce many different types of cookware that are sold globally.
- One of their more popular Dutch ovens is the Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron Dutch Oven with Dual Handles. This model, without an enamel coating, is highly reminiscent of the dutch ovens used by those famous cowboys. A very utilitarian dutch oven, this one can go on the stove, in the oven, or on the grill. It works well on all types of stoves, including: gas, electric, and flat top.
- The Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron Dutch Oven with Dual Handles offers ample cooking area for roasting or braising larger cuts of meat, or for browning stew meat. You can even use this dutch oven as a deep fryer, but make sure that you only fill it one-third of the way with oil.
- Everyone raves about the shape of the lid, which essentially creates a self-basting environment for cooking. What could be better than knowing your dish is staying super flavorful and moist without having to stir or add more liquid? The handles on the dutch oven and lid are incredibly comfortable and convenient, though be careful as they do heat up with the rest of the pot.
Care and Seasoning
As opposed to some other company’s cast iron pieces, Lodge has taken care of the first seasoning for you. You are able to cook with it as soon as it arrives. This seasoning is not a full coating though, so it is advisable to re-season it after the first few uses.
Also, as this dutch oven does not have an enamel coating and relies on the seasoning to retain its natural non-stick cooking surface, you should not use soap when cleaning it. Generally, the Dutch oven can be wiped or rinsed clean and re-seasoned. If a more thorough cleanup is necessary Lodge recommends a mild soap wash, rinse, and pre-season. Unfortunately, the Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron Dutch Oven with Dual Handles cannot go into the dishwasher, yet that is a small price to pay for a dutch oven that will outlive you.
Some people may be turned off by the thought of having to re-season their dutch oven after each cleaning. All bare cast iron needs to have cared for this way; however, anyone who has ever cooked with cast iron will tell you that the older the piece gets, the easier it is to cook with. Despite the inconvenience, properly caring for your Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron Dutch Oven with Dual Handles will ensure that it last multiple lifetimes.
7. Lodge Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven Review
Cooking with Dutch ovens is not a new concept. For as long as people have been using cookware over open fires, they have been using a dutch oven (or something equivalent to one).
Generations have learned that cooking a recipe in a heavy pot with a well-fitting lid is the surest way to achieve a tasty, moist, and nutritious meal. While there are now many different makes of dutch ovens, Lodge is currently one of the most renowned.
The original foundry Lodge was built in Tennessee over 100 years ago. The company has had steady growing success with its entire line of cast iron cookware, especially their dutch ovens. Lodge has also won honors for its environmental awareness. They have updated their facility numerous times to ensure that their process of creating and pouring the cast iron does not adversely affect the environment; yet another reason why Lodge products are popular and will remain so.
- As a proud owner of a Lodge Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, the first thing you will notice is how strikingly beautiful it is. This is a piece that you would gladly leave out on display in your kitchen. The exterior of the oven is double coated with enamel in a variety of color choices. It was made to be durable and chip resistant, though we recommend buying one of the Lodge ovens that have 4 coats of enamel if you intend on using the pot every day. While the 2 coat enamel will hold up against daily use, the finish may fade more quickly when compared to the four-coat process.
- The Lodge Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven has a lid and handle that can withstand heat up to 500 degrees. It works well for cooking on gas, electric, ceramic, convection, and induction. Lodge however does not recommend this dutch oven for open fires or grills.
- This is a dutch oven that was really designed with the chef in mind. Its shape lends itself to the adequate cooking surface for browning. This is important as it can be time-consuming to have to brown meats in many different batches. The bottom of this dutch oven will allow you to brown any quantity of meat, in less time. The only downside to this is that the pot can become moderately heavy when full.
Another great feature of the Lodge Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven is that it is dishwasher safe, making daily clean-up a breeze. Lodge suggests that you hand wash your pot (simple warm water and soap) some of the time to ensure that the finish keeps its shine.
All of these features along with a lifetime warranty against defects mean you have one great dutch oven. Possibly the best argument for the Lodge Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven is that it is much less expensive than many of the other brands, and works just as well, if not better.
HOW WE CHOSE
We tested a large number of ovens before building our list. Our final ranking is based on price, quality, brand, popularity, online reviews, ease of care, longevity, and most importantly, our experience with them in the kitchen.
MATERIALS DUTCH OVENS ARE MADE FROM
Dutch ovens are made from one of two materials: aluminum and cast iron. The majority of people who use dutch ovens on a regular basis prefer cast iron because it is more durable, distributes and retains heat much better, and is easier to cook with.
Aluminum does have its advantages. First, it is lightweight; a great plus if you are hiking into an outdoor adventure. Additionally, aluminum will not rust and can be easier to clean than cast iron.
PHYSICAL FEATURES OF A DUTCH OVEN
You may think that a dutch oven is a simple pot; you cook in it and never think very seriously about it. Nothing could be further from the truth. There are many physical characteristics of a dutch oven to be aware of. These include:
Cast iron dutch ovens are thick and heavy. During casting ovens may develop some slight imperfections, but the sides need to be of a nearly uniform thickness. If there is a large difference in the thickness, the kettle will have hot and cold spots. These will cause food to cook unevenly and the kettle will eventually crack.
When Dutch ovens were used to cook over the fire, the lid simply needed to be large enough to keep coals and embers out of the pot. Today, the lid of a french oven must be able to divert condensation back to the food for self-basting and to keep food moist. Some models have lids that seal so tightly that you can bake bread in them.
Modern Dutch ovens often have an enamel coating to further refine heat distribution, make them easier to clean, and help the ovens fit into any décor. You will want an oven that has at least two coats of enamel. The only caution with an enamel coated oven is that, while they are dishwasher safe, the enamel can fade if you wash the pot in the dishwasher exclusively. Occasional hand-washing with a mild soap will help the enamel remain shiny for years to come.
All of the products that we recommend are made by companies that are known to create products that are free from defects. The enameled ovens all have at least two layers of enamel for added shine and longevity.
SEASONING A DUTCH OVEN
Many manufacturers sell their non-enameled dutch ovens pre-seasoned; however, that seasoning will wear off after a few uses, so you need to be able to reapply it. It is a simple, yet time-consuming process. The oven must be clean and rust-free prior to seasoning. You need to coat the interior of the oven with a thin layer of shortening or oil, then slowly bake it into the metal at about 300 degrees. It could take up to an hour, but remove the oven as soon as the interior of the oven appears to be dry.
We would enjoy answering any questions that you might have involving the dutch ovens or french ovens that are reviewed on this website. Send us an email or ask it in the comment section.
Below you can find a few frequently asked questions about dutch ovens followed by the corresponding answers.
What is a dutch oven?
Cook all greater than the entire world use Dutch ovens, but you do not must be a professional chief cook to use one of these damaging males.
You just should be passionate about foodstuff, and to discover all the factors Dutch ovens are great for. Just one of them may be the well-being facet of dishes made of cast iron. They aren’t sensitive to chipping, so you may readily stir them with metal products, unlike aluminum or Teflon recipes. Even if you do get some of the iron in your food, know that it is healthy and that you simply quite possibly do not get the ample intake of iron in your dinners daily.
If you happen to be debating about whether to obtain a Dutch oven or not, we’ll try to help you. It’s gonna be a useful addition to your cooking food collection, and may well exchange several other cooking vessels because, in a Dutch oven, you can make anything. Consider it or not, soups and also chowders created in Dutch ovens rule! Have you ever had bitter created more than fire? We bet you didn’t, as well as the encounter is great. You may also bake bread inside a Dutch oven, and make desserts, the same as many cakes. For those who don’t use a sweet tooth, we nevertheless recommend Dutch ovens regarding meat and vegetable getting ready because the meals will likely be very well processed and full of fragrances.
If you’re thinking about purchasing a Saucepan, not just will you get a bowl which is right for cooking inside and outside, you will also have a dish which can maintain warmth to your long time and that is used for baking, boiling, and frying. Another great thing about it is the fact that there’s no protective coating like Teflon, so there is no way you should have some of it within your food. Because of this, is advised to use these kinds of food with wooden or rubberized utensils, and you won’t have to worry about this specific using a Dutch oven.
If you have any Dutch oven and love to prepare food and eat, you might be absolutely thrilled with its qualities. If you are planning thinking of buying one, or you are and have never used it, you’ll be thrilled once you start. Investing in a Dutch oven can replace acquiring quite a few separate kitchen kitchenware, pots and oven griddles, mainly because in them you’ll be able to make practically something from cake as well as bread, more than soups, cereal and chowders to deep-fried animal meat, vegetables and boiled foods.
Food preparation bring much joy to varied people on the world, and acquiring new gadgets for our kitchens also makes many looks smile. People who are fans regarding cooking and being exterior are certain to obtain at least an individual Dutch oven in their cookware, and also almost certainly adore it, since it offers this special, type of complete taste to food. Many people are against enameled Dutch stoves, and completely pro beneficial, old cast iron ones, however, in case you buy an enameled Dutch oven of high quality, the chance is there might be no difference at all.
HOW DO YOU SEASON A DUTCH OVEN?
First off, only bare metal cast iron dutch ovens need to be seasoned. An enamel coated oven will never need seasoning. Seasoning a dutch oven is very simple and only needs to take a short time out of your day. Here are the steps to follow:
- Wash, rinse, and completely dry your oven.
- Lightly grease the inside with solid shortening, e.g. Crisco
- Bake at 300 degrees in a conventional oven for one hour. You will want to turn off your smoke alarms and open the windows because the shortening is going to smoke as it is baked into the surface of the oven.
- Allow your oven to cool completely, then remove any excess shortening. You may want to store your Dutch oven with a paper towel hanging out between the lid and the pot. The edges of the paper towel should be touching the bottom of the oven in order to soak up any excess shortening that is left.
- After seasoning, avoid using soap to wash your oven. Soap will remove the seasoning and you will have to repeat the process. Also, if rust appears on your dutch oven, you will need to season it again.
IF I CAN’T USE DISH SOAP TO CLEAN MY OVEN, HOW DO I CLEAN IT?
Use a plastic scraper or scouring pad to remove excess food…metal will damage the oven.
After excess food is removed, wash with a soft cloth and warm water. When clean, rinse with warm water.
Completely dry your oven with a paper towel or over a heat source.
If the oven is fairly new, wipe a thin coating of cooking oil all over the interior of the oven. Wipe excess oil off, then store your oven in a dry place with a paper towel touching the bottom and sticking out between the lid and the kettle.