Table of Contents
- Peg Perego Siesta High Chair (2020 Reviews & Ultimate Guide)
- Top 15 Best Baby Jumpers (2020 Reviews & Buying Guide)
- Best Breast Pump Bag – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide in 2020
- How to Choose the Best Diaper Pail
- Benefits of Using a Diaper Pail
- Our Top 5 Best Diaper Pail for Cloth Diapers Choices
Cloth diapers are one of the least expensive baby essentials that protect your little one from the uncomfortable wetness and messy leaks all day and night.
Besides the low cost and the superior protection a cloth diaper can provide, you can just toss it in your laundry, wash, dry, and it’s all ready for use again!
But you’d probably agree that you can’t wash those dirty cloth diapers together with your other laundry. You need a proper storage. The best diaper pail for cloth diapers is what you need.
How to Choose the Best Diaper Pail
Although these diaper pails may look exactly the same, each and every diaper pail is uniquely designed to accommodate your needs.
So before you head out to the store and get yourself a diaper pail, here are some key features you have to consider first.
1. Is It Durable?
It is important to consider the durability of the diaper pail you’re planning to buy. You want something that can still be functional until your next baby is born or that can be passed to a family member or a friend.
Hence, a diaper pail that can last for a long time. Most of the diaper pails are made of plastic, but some are made of steel for enhanced durability.
2. Does It Have Enough Capacity?
Another major factor you have to know is the capacity of the diaper pail. You’ll be using it almost every time as you change your baby’s diaper now and then.
So it is vital to know how much storage space it can provide to hold the dirty cloth diapers. The bigger capacity, the better.
3. Is It Easy To Use?
Most diaper pails are ergonomically designed to make diaper disposal very easy. You should opt for a diaper pail that can be opened with one hand or with a foot pedal.
Some models are designed with a sliding lid or a pop-up one,but you have to make sure they’re functional, easy to use, and won’t cause you a headache in the long run!
4. Does It Need Special Bags?
Some models require special bags. It may not be a big deal for some parents, but it may not always be convenient. However, other diaper pails include bag refills.
That is a big plus! But if it doesn’t include any special refill bags, make sure that the diaper pail you’re buying can also be used with any regular trash bag.
5. Can It Control The Odor?
Dirty diapers are incredibly stinky. And every time you’re about to wash your baby up and throw the cloth diaper or disposable diaper away, you get to hold your breath!
Well, it doesn’t always have to be that way. Most of the diaper pails are designed to contain the odor and lock it inside the pail.
So carefully check diaper pails and choose the one that is able to control and hold the stinky smell.
6. Does It Have a Child-safety Lock Feature?
This is another feature you should consider. If your baby is big enough to venture on his own or you have another toddler at home, it best to keep everything safe especially if it’s something within their reach.
Your diaper pail is no exception. With their curious minds, they may touch it and play with it.
So you should choose a diaper pail that has a child-safety lock feature to prevent any potential injuries.
7. How Highis Your Budget?
How much you’re willing to spend for a diaper pail is another major factor to think about. As a mom, you know how important it is to budget everything.
So if you are planning to buy a diaper pail, know your budget first. These diaper pails come with different price tags, and some can be very affordable while the others are too pricey.
Benefits of Using a Diaper Pail
There are many reasons why a lot of parents are willing to invest for a diaper pail. If you’re still hesitant whether to buy or not, the following benefits might help you decide.
- You can provide a proper storage for your dirty cloth diapers.
- You will be able to control the odor in the nursery room and keep it clean, fresh, and odor-free.
- It is more convenient to dispose of dirty diapers.
- It improves cleanliness.
- It can prevent health issues caused by germs and bacteria.
Our Top 5 Best Diaper Pail for Cloth Diapers Choices
1. Dekor Plus Hands – Free Diaper Pail: Editor’s Pick
Of all the diaper pails in the market, the Dekor Plus Hands-free diaper pail takes the very first spot on my list.
It has been my personal favorite because it has enough storage space for all the dirty cloth diapers that have been used for two days or a few more (especially when I’m busy with the other chores and have no time for laundry!)
The odor’s another issue to deal with. But that’s another exceptional feature about this diaper pail. It can hold the smell very well, particularly when I use the refill bags specially made for it. The lid is also sealed perfectly. The foot pedal makes everything very easy and definitely hands-free!
The bag system is what makes it more efficient. I can just cut and tie it off whenever it needs to be emptied. Aside from that, the stylish design and the subtle details complement the room very well.
With all those features and durable quality, this one is great for the price!
- It provides a large storage
- It can hold the odor very well. Does not stink!
- It’s very easy to use and totally hands-free.
- Emptying the bag is hassle-free.
- Stylish design
- It is a multi-purpose diaper pail and not specially designed for cloth diapers.
- It stinks when regular trash bags are used.
2. Playtex Diaper Genie Complete Diaper Pail
What I really like about this diaper pail from Diaper Genie is the odor lock system. Every time I toss a diaper in the pail or trash bag I have to hold my breath! But the odor lock system on this pail is designed with antimicrobial and air tight clamps that seal all the odors!
The built-in activated carbon filters also lock in the strong diaper odors that keep the nursery room fresh, clean, and odorless. No more stinky smell! Another impressive feature about this diaper pail is its height. I won’t have to bend over to throw cloth diapers, and the foot pedal makes the disposal very easy.
The only pitfall I found with this Genie diaper pail is the capacity. I have to change my baby’s diaper every now and then, and I think it doesn’t have enough space for the dirty cloth diapers to fill in. It’s sleek and tall, but I wish the capacity were a bit larger.
- It is ergonomically designed, with a foot pedal for easy disposal.
- It is tall and sleek.
- It is designed with odor lock system to keep all those stinky smells from the diapers away!
- Has built-in activated carbon filters to keep the room fresh, clean, and odorless.
- The capacity is limited.
- The lid sometimes remains wide open and does not seal tightly.
3. Safety 1st Easy Saver Diaper Pail: Budget Pick
As a budget-wise mom, all the expenses that come in and out should be carefully listed down. And when it comes to diaper pails, the Safety 1st Easy Saver is the best one for the buck! I like how Safety 1st keeps everything simple but efficient.
It comes with a very affordable price but does not compromise the quality. All you have to do is open the top lid and toss all the dirty cloth diapers in!
Just like any other expensive and high-quality diaper pails, the capacity is large enough to store all those soiled and stinky diapers.
I think this would be a great option for those moms who are looking for a quality diaper pail but are on a tight budget. It is a one-step diaper disposal and does not need any twisting or turning.
Although you can get your hands dirty at times because you have to open the lid with your bare hands, it is still convenient and cost-effective.
- It is very affordable.
- Simple and efficient.
- Has a large capacity
- One-step disposal; no turning or twisting
- Does not have a foot pedal. You may get your hands dirty as you open the lid with your bare hands.
- The pop-up door seems too small for bigger diapers.
- It does not hold the odor very well.
4. Ubbi Steel Diaper Pail
I sometimes don’t mind spending a few more bucks if I know I can get the best quality of a product. When it comes to diaper pails, there are ones who are a bit over the budget.
Just like the Ubbi Steel diaper pail, it may cost a lot, but it ensures the quality that will last for a long time.
It is made of steel, which provides a maximum odor control and completely shields the odor inside the pail. Unlike other diaper pails, the Ubbi Steel diaper pail does not require a special bag. Any trash bag will do! It has a large capacity that can hold up to 50 diapers!
To minimize air disruption, the sliding lid is innovatively designed. I like how you can just slide it and drop the dirty cloth diaper inside. Easy as that! It also has rubber seals around the rim to make sure it closes tightly and a child-safety lock to keep the children away.
- It is made of steel which makes it more durable and capable of locking the odors in.
- It does not require a special bag.
- Has child-safety lock
- It has a large capacity and can fill up to 50 diapers
- Innovatively designed with a sliding lid
- Sleek and oval-shaped that can even fit into tight places
- It is expensive
- The locking functionality is a little clunky
5. Dekor Classic Hands-Free Diaper Pail
When I was new to motherhood, I had a tough time finding the best baby essentials. A diaper pail was on my wish list! The choices were overwhelming, but the Dekor Classic Hands-free diaper pail came in very handy. It doesn’t cost too much, but it is cost-effective, reliable, and very easy to use.
You’ll just have to step on the foot pedal to open the bin and just toss the diaper in! It doesn’t hold much as the Dekor Plus Hands-Free does but the capacity’s enough for newborn diapers. It can hold up to 45 diapers!
If you’re a first-time mom like I was, the smell could be too stinky for you to pass out! But the Dekor Classic will handle it for you. It has triple odor control that effectively keeps the smell inside the pail. You can use it not only for cloth diapers but also with disposable diapers.
The durability is good, and all the other features make it easy to use especially for those who haven’t tried a diaper pail before. With such impressive features, I think this is the best diaper pail for first-time moms!
- Designed with a foot pedal for easy disposal
- It is reliable and cost-effective.
- It has triple odor control that holds the stinky smell very well
- It can hold up to 45 diapers (newborn)
- It is easy to use
- Can be used for cloth diapers and disposable diapers
- The opening lid is too small and big cloth diapers may not fit in smoothly
- It can get stinky at times if you’re using a regular trash bag
There are a lot of diaper pails to choose from, but among these top five in our list, the Dekor Plus Hands-Free Diaper Pail is what really captures my heart! It provides a large capacity for diapers, very easy to use, has the ability to hold the odor inside the pail, and emptying the bag is no trouble.
For a mom like me, it is important to choose which diaper pailis of the best quality but is just within the budget. With that in mind, the Dekor Plus Hands-free diaper pail has all the features that I need.
So if you’re still not decided, you can consider the products mentioned above, the reviews, the benefits, and the detailed guideline to help you choose the best diaper pail for cloth diapers!