Table of Contents
- List of 6 Best Floor Steamer Reviews
- How to Pick the Best Floor Steam Cleaner
- Five Must-Have Features of the Top Floor Steamers
Hi, I’m Jenny and welcome to my floor steamer reviews site! Are you looking for the best floor steamer? You’ve come to the right place. You’ll find a number of my own personal reviews of the most popular floor steamers here, as well as a bunch of tips and other helpful information that will help you choose a great, high quality floor steamer. Thanks for visiting, and enjoy the reviews!
List of 6 Best Floor Steamer Reviews
1. Hoover WH20200 TwinTank is one of the best floor steamers I’ve ever used
In the world of cleaning products, the Hoover brand is known for quality, innovative features and affordable prices. Because of Hoover’s dedication to providing reliability and excellent customer service, these products are more popular than many other brands.
If you’re looking for a high-quality steam mop that will last for years, one model you may want to strongly consider is the Hoover WH20200 TwinTank Floor Steamer. This model is lightweight, durable and affordable. Here are some reasons why this Hoover stands out from other similarly priced floor steamers.
This steam mop is capable of sanitizing the surfaces of your home effectively. The power of steam combined with the Hoover SteamPlus disinfectant solution eliminates more than 99.9 percent of bacteria including Influenza A, H1N1, Staph, MRSA, E. coli and many more. If you, or a family member suffers from environmental allergies, this mop will also eliminate dust mites and other common household allergens.
Ease of Use
The Hoover TwinTank Disinfecting Steam Mop requires very little assembly. Simply snap the handle into the base, and you’ll be ready to clean. If you have difficulties, the instruction manual gives a detailed explanation on how to assemble and use your steam mop.
Hoover WH20200 TwinTank was designed so that anyone can use it. It’s lightweight and glides easily across the floor. If you have back problems or other mobility issues, you’ll discover that this floor steamer is much easier to use than a regular mop and bucket.
In addition to your new steam mop, you will also get additional accessories. You will receive three machine washable cleaning pads, a docking tray to protect your floors when storing your mop, a small bottle of Hoover SteamPlus disinfectant solution and a carpet glider.
This Hoover floor steamer offers a wide variety of features to please everyone. Here are some of the best features that this model has to offer.
- This mop has a two tank system that was developed for individuals who like to use disinfectant cleaners on their floors. Although many people switch to steam mops because they want to eliminate chemical cleaners from their home, others feel that these solutions make their floors cleaner. The twin tank system is a way to ensure that everyone is happy. You can use water alone, or you have the option to use the solution with the switch of a dial.
- The Hoover comes equipped with a 30-foot power cord. One common complaint steam mop users have is that the cords on these mops are rarely long enough. With the longer cord, you can easily clean an entire room without the hassle of unplugging the mop and waiting for it to heat up again.
- This steam mop has a triangular shaped swiveling mop head. This design allows you to easily maneuver into corners and along baseboards. It is also easier to clean around furniture.
- It has a solution control dial. When cleaning with the disinfectant solution, this dial allows you to adjust the amount of solution that is used. This allows you to use more solution in areas that get a lot of traffic and less in the areas of your home that may not need a deep cleaning.
- This model comes equipped with an indicator light to let you know when the water is heated up and ready to use. If you’re looking for a steam mop that you can use to clean up small messes quickly, this model is one of the best. It heats up and is ready to go in approximately 30 seconds.
As with any large purchase, when considering which product to buy, you should consider the positive features as well as the negative. Although the Hoover TwinTank model has several good points, there are also a few things that could be improved. Here are some possible improvements that could be made to make this floor steamer even better.
- This floor steamer does not produce continuous steam. When mopping, you must hold down the trigger the entire time. Although this is not problematic for most people, it can cause some discomfort in your hand when cleaning large areas of flooring.
- If you opt to use the Hoover SteamPlus cleaning solution, the cost of the solution can add up. A 32 ounce bottle of this product will cost approximately $15. However, since you can control how much of the solution is used, you can make a bottle last quite a while.
Ultimately, if you are looking for a high-quality floor steamer that has the ability to eliminate harmful bacteria from your home, you will be pleased with this product. Also, when you purchase a steam mop with the Hoover name, you can also be sure that you are choosing a brand you can trust. If you have any problems with your mop, Hoover has a reputation for excellent customer service and reliability.
2. Haan SI-35
If you’re looking for a floor steamer with a lot of useful features, is super easy to handle, and that you can buy at an affordable price, then you may want to consider the Haan SI-35. This model requires very little assembly, and the mop head is small and easy to maneuver into many small spaces. Although it is lighter than many other floor steamers, it is still sturdy. Many floor steamers just feel flimsy and easily breakable, but not the Haan. The Haan Slim & Light is a great upgrade from a basic floor steamer, and has many features that set it apart from others.
This steam mop can be used on tile, wood, linoleum, other hard surfaces, and even carpet. Although the mop uses no chemicals or cleaners, other than water, it still manages to effectively kill 99.9 percent of germs and bacteria, including e. coli and salmonella. While there are many advantages to the Haan Slim & Light steam mop, there are also a few disadvantages.
Advantages of the Haan SI-35 Floor Steamer
- The sleek, thin design of the mop head will allow you to easily mop under furniture, cabinets, and appliances. It also takes up very little storage space.
- The Haan heats up to more than 212 degrees Farenhe it making it extremely easy to remove sticky spots or stuck on food.
- The mop head is large enough to cover a good amount of surface area, but it’s not bulky, awkward, or heavy.
- The water tank is removable. Many floor steamers come with a little cup with a spout to refill the water tank.
- It’s much faster and easier to be able to remove the tank from the machine to fill it.
- The water tank can hold 13.5 ounces of water. While this may not seem like much, you’ll be able to clean for approximately 15-20 minutes before stopping to refill the water tank. You may be able to clean an entire floor without stopping even once.
- The Haan also comes with a carpet attachment. While it’s not ideal for cleaning an entire carpeted floor, it works well to remove unsightly stains. Simply allow the steam to penetrate the stain for approximately 15 to 30 seconds. Then go over the stain a few additional times. It works great for pet stains and odors.
- The microfiber cleaning pad is perfect for picking up small amounts of debris that are left on the floor after sweeping.
- One of the greatest features of the Haan Slim & Light is that it produces a continuous steam without pushing a button. With some other floor steamers, a button or lever needs to be held down in order to produce any steam.
Disadvantages of the Haan SI-35 Floor Steamer
- The Haan takes approximately three minutes to heat up.
- The cord on this particular floor steamer is less than 20 feet long. When you clean large spaces, you may spend a lot of time moving the cord to different outlets.
- This floor steamer does not have a swivel head which makes it difficult to clean those hard to reach spaces.
- Because of its rectangular shape, it cleans corners well, it’s just awkward when trying to navigate smaller areas.
- The Haan is not the best floor steamer for tile floors. Although it does a good job cleaning and sanitizing the tile itself, it just does not clean the grout well enough.
Even with the few disadvantages, the Haan SI-35 Slim & Light floor steamer is still a great option for anyone who is looking for a quality floor cleaner. This machine does an excellent job of removing stains and sanitizing surfaces. The Haan works very well on linoleum, laminate flooring, and even stain removal on carpet (if you want to clean drapes and above counters, then you may want to consider upgrading to the Haan SI-70, which offers greater functionality). One of the most important things to remember with this machine is to avoid using chemicals or cleaners in the water tank. Over time, this will cause damage.
If you prefer a fresh, clean scent, Haan steam scents can be purchased separately. Before you begin mopping, add a few drops of the scent to the microfiber cleaning cloth, and it produces a nice, clean smell throughout your home. These can be purchased in a variety of scents including juicy orange, fresh apple, and freesia breeze. Although the Haan may be more expensive than other brands, its sturdy design and reliability make it a good value for the money.
3. Eureka 313A Enviro
While many floor steamers can cost well over $100, the Eureka 313A Enviro has the ability to clean hard surface floors for half the cost. If price is the most important factor you’re using to make a decision, the Eureka Enviro Hard-Surface Floor Steamer should be at the top of your list. If you’ve never used a floor steamer before, this is a great model for a beginner. Although it doesn’t have many extra features, it’s affordable, easy to use, and it will help you decide if a floor steamer will remain on your list of must-have cleaning products.
Although there are a few minor things that could be improved upon, for the price, the benefits of the Eureka Enviro far outweigh the negatives. This mop can be used on tile, hardwood, linoleum flooring, laminate flooring, and almost any other hard surface. It cleans and sanitizes much better than a standard mop, and it’s eco-friendly. It uses only steam to clean; there are no harsh chemicals, yet it still manages to kill bacteria, dust mites, and many other allergens.
If you are thinking about purchasing the Eureka 313A, here is a complete list of advantages and disadvantages you may consider before making your purchase.
Advantages of the Eureka 313A Floor Steamer
- It has an indicator light to tell you when the water level is low.
- It comes equipped with two reusable mop cloths. Many steam mops only come with one and additional cloths must be purchased separately.
- The Eurkea 313A has a 12 1/2 inch swiveling mop head. This is quite a large mop head for a floor steamer, which makes it easy to clean a large amount of floor space in a short amount of time.
- The cord is 25 feet long. This feature makes it very convenient to clean an entire room without the hassle of constantly moving the cord.
- The handle is removable. This is a great feature that will allow you to use the mop to clean and sanitize your countertops.
- You can clean for up to 20 minutes at a time before stopping to refill the water tank. You’ll be able to clean an entire room without stopping for a refill. If you don’t have many floors to clean, you may be able to steam all of your floors on one tank of water.
- The mop cloths are thick and absorbent. You won’t have to change the mop pad before finishing an entire floor. Some floor steamers come with flimsy pads that need to be changed frequently when cleaning large areas.
Disadvantages of the Eureka 313A Floor Steamer
- This steam mop seems to take a while to heat up. According to the instruction manual, it takes two or three minutes for the water to be ready. However, the mop tends to work more efficiently if you wait between five and seven minutes.
- Occasionally, it does leave the floors a little too wet; the heating element does not always get the water quite hot enough to produce enough steam.
- It is recommended that you machine wash the mop pads, and then allow them to air dry. They tend to shrink a little in the dryer, making them more difficult to attach.
Overall if you’re looking for a basic, easy to use floor steamer to use on hard surfaces, you will be happy with the Eureka Enviro. It’s lightweight, easy to maneuver, and takes up very little storage space. It also works well to remove dirt and stains from hard surface flooring. However, if you’re looking for a floor steamer that will also work on carpet, you may want to consider a more expensive model that offers a variety of cleaning options. If you’re looking to upgrade your current steam mop, you may also want to consider another model. This machine is very basic and can help you decide if a floor steamer is right for you, but it does not have many of the features that some other models come equipped with. Although other models may come equipped with more options, they are also more expensive. For a beginner, the Eureka 313A Enviro floor steamer is definitely one of the best options. It’s affordable, easy to assemble, the absorbent mop pads are easy to change, and it eliminates more dirt and bacteria than a typical mop.
4. Bissell 1867
If you’re in the market for a new floor steamer and you’re looking for a stylish machine that cleans floors, but does not have a lot of complicated features to learn, the Bissell 1867 may be what you’re looking for. This unit is slightly larger than a typical floor steamer, and can tolerate a lot of use. Even with its larger size, the included wall-mount storage bracket ensures that your mop does not require a lot of storage space.
The swivel head makes it easy to maneuver into corners and under furniture. Although the Bissell 1867 is a more basic model, it works well on linoleum, laminate, sealed hardwood, ceramic, marble, and stone. As soon as you pull the trigger, this mop will shoot out enough steam to loosen up any dirt, debris, or sticky messes. When deciding whether or not the Bissell 1867 is the best value for your dollar, you’ll want to consider both the advantages and disadvantages of this particular model.
Advantages of the Bissell 1867 Floor Steamer
- The handle design is nice, and it is not as flimsy as many other floor steamers seem to be. When you’re pushing it across the floor, it will not feel as if the handle is about to snap in half.
- The Bissell 1867 heats the water and is ready to use in 30 seconds. Your water will be ready to go in the same amount of time it would take you to prepare your standard mop and bucket. This is a great feature to have in a steam mop since most require at least two or three minutes before they are ready to use.
- The mop head swivels and is large enough to clean a large space in a relatively short time frame.
- This model has a filter mounted externally and has color changing beads so you always know when the filter needs to be replaced.
- You can clean for approximately 15 minutes on one tank of water.
- This steam mop comes equipped with a ready indicator light. You will never be forced to guess if the water is hot enough to do the job. When the water is hot enough, the light comes on automatically.
- An extra mop cover is included in the price of the mop. If you have several hard surface floors in your home, you can purchase additional covers separately.
- Replacement mop pads are fairly inexpensive. A common complaint with floor steamers is that even though the mop pads are reusable, they are generally expensive. With the Bissell, you can purchase an additional four pads for just over $15.
Disadvantages of the Bissell 1867 Floor Steamer
- The steam is emitted through the use of a trigger. Although this is a common feature of many floor steamers, it can be frustrating to hold down a trigger the entire time you’re cleaning.
- The trigger often releases too much water and the mop pads are not very absorbent. The combination of these two factors means that the floor takes longer to dry, and you may occasionally have puddles in some areas.
- The cord is less than 20 feet long. This means that throughout cleaning, you will be required to move the cord several times in order to effectively clean all areas of your floor. While this is not a huge inconvenience, it may require a few extra minutes.
Although the Bissell 1867 floor steamer may not be as popular as some of the other models in the same price range, it is still a decent mop that will get the job done. The powerful steam that is emitted from this machine easily removes dirt and stains, including stains that have been there for a while. The Bissell works very well on almost all types of hard surface flooring. In order to get the most use out of your Bissell and prolong the life of the filter, it is recommended that you only use distilled water in the tank.
If you’re looking for a floor steamer with many features that can clean both carpets and bare floors, you may be disappointed with this particular mop. However, if you’re looking for a simple, well designed, stylish steam mop for everyday use, the Bissell 1867 Floor Steamer is a good choice. Be sure to check out the Bissell PowerFresh as well, which is a newer, upgraded version of this steam mop.
5. Haan FS20 Plus Sanitizer and Floor Steamer
The Haan FS20 Plus is a great option for someone who is looking to upgrade from a less expensive, basic steam mop. For approximately 80 dollars, you can have a steam mop that leaves surfaces as clean and sanitized as the more expensive models. This model has been engineered to decrease friction while leaving floors dry almost immediately. It’s so lightweight and easy to push that even a child can use it. The Haan will work well on most hard surfaces including sealed hardwood, laminate, linoleum, tile, granite, and marble. It also comes with a deluxe sanitizing tray that clips on to remove dirt, dust mites, and other allergens from carpet, mattresses, and other upholstered furniture. Although the Haan is definitely superior to other steam mops in the same price range, it’s still a good idea to consider the advantages and disadvantages of this model in order to adequately compare it to other mops you may be considering.
Advantages of the Haan FS20 Plus Floor Steamer
- The water heats to temperatures of approximately 212 degrees Fahrenheit to produce steam that will kill dust mites, allergens, and bacteria, including e. coli and salmonella.
- The Haan FS20 can provide a continuous steam for up to 20 minutes before you have to stop to refill the water tank. You are not required to press a lever in order for the steam to be released.
- This machine weighs less than four pounds with a full tank of water. Anyone in your family will be able to effortlessly clean and sanitize your hard surface floors. If you have back problems, this is one of the lightest, easiest to maneuver steam mops available.
- The Haan comes packaged with two multi-layered micro-fiber cleaning pads. The extra layers make them more absorbent than other mop pads, and they are still thin enough to be used and changed easily.
- The Haan FS20 has an indicator light to let you know when the water is heated to the correct temperature.
- There is also an indicator light that comes on when your water tank is getting low. This feature is a great time saver because you don’t have to constantly check the water on your own.
- This is one of the few models that will stand on its own. Most floor steamers do not have this ability, and you have to prop them up against something whenever you walk away. It also comes with a floor protector mat for you to place the steam mop on while it’s heating up or cooling down.
- The sturdy, adjustable pole makes it easy to adjust the mop to the height that’s right for you.
Disadvantages of the Haan FS20 Plus Floor Steamer
- The mop head is larger than many other steam mops. This makes it difficult to clean around toilets and under furniture.
- The cord is less than 20 feet long. For large spaces, you will have to unplug the mop several times while cleaning.
- When cleaning, this mop does occasionally leave streaks on the floor, especially once the mop pad becomes soiled. If this is bothersome to you, it may help to change the mop pad frequently.
The Haan FS20 Plus Floor Steamer is one of the best mops in its price range. It offers more features, and heats up to higher temperatures that other similar models. If you are looking to replace a less expensive floor steamer, this model is a great value for the price. If you, or someone in your family has trouble with allergies, the Haan efficiently produces steam hot enough to kill many allergens on your hard surface floors, carpet, mattresses, and other furniture.
Since floor steamers clean and sanitize using only water, they don’t produce the clean scent that many cleaning products can provide. If you enjoy a fresh, clean scent when cleaning your home, that is another great reason to choose the Haan FS20. Haan makes steam scents that can be purchased separately. All you do is add a few drops to the mop pad, and as you clean the scent will be produced. These are available in a variety of scents including fresh apple, freesia breeze, and juicy orange. If you’d like to try all three, you can purchase the Haan steam scents three pack for a little over 20 dollars.
6. SteamFast SF-140
In many homes today, floor steamers are a necessity. They allow you to clean bare floors without using chemicals that can be harmful to your family and/or pets. It also eliminates the need to scrub on your hands and knees or deal with a mop and bucket. However, many floor steamers can be costly depending on the features offered and extras that may come with the mop. If you’re just starting out with a steam mop, you may not be willing to pay over $100 just to see if the mop will work for you. If you are someone who has never owned a floor steamer before, the SteamFast SF-140 may be the one for you. It’s affordable, simple to use, and it can be used on many hard surface floors including tile, linoleum, sealed hardwood, laminate, granite, vinyl, and more. For less than 50 dollars, you will receive two micro-fiber cleaning pads, a cup with a spout to fill the water tank, and a resting pad to set the mop on when heating and cooling. When choosing between inexpensive floor steamers, you’ll want to compare the advantages and disadvantages to ensure that you are getting a good value.
Advantages of the SteamFast SF-140 Floor Steamer
- This mop is well designed with a swivel handle that will allow you to maintain good control of the mop at all times. This will allow you to easily maneuver the mop into all those difficult to reach spaces.
- The SteamFast SF-140 produces continuous steam. This mop does not require you to push a button or lever in order to emit steam, making cleaning floors much quicker and easier.
- The adjustable pole makes it convenient to get into those hard to reach places, and you can easily adjust it to the height that works best for you.
- The water heats and is ready to go in about three minutes. Many of the inexpensive steam mops require a wait time of five minutes or more before you can begin to clean floors.
- The SteamFast SF-140 comes equipped with two microfiber cleaning cloths that can be changed quickly and easily. These cloths are attached to the bottom of the mop head with Velcro. If you have to change cloths while cleaning, the Velcro makes it much faster.
- The microfiber cloths are quite thick and durable. They will absorb any extra water that is produced, and your floors will dry more quickly than they would when using a standard mop.
Disadvantages of the SteamFast SF-140 Floor Steamer
- The water tank on this machine is smaller than most other floor steamers. It only holds eight ounces of water and produces about 10 minutes of steam before you have to stop and refill the tank. Since the tank may be hot, it is also important to wait for the machine to cool a bit before removing the cap for a refill. Because of this, it may require some extra time to clean large areas.
- The cord is only 19 feet long. For large areas, you will have to unplug the mop several times in order to clean the entire surface.
- At seven pounds, this floor steamer is a little heavier than many other models available. Because of its size, it may be more difficult to maneuver.
The SteamFast SF-140 is probably one of the least expensive floor steamers on the market today. For the price, it is definitely a good value for individuals who need a mop for small or average size rooms. However, if you have large areas to steam, you may want to consider a model that has a longer cord and will produce more than 10 minutes of steam. The water tank on this mop is simply too small to adequately and efficiently clean homes with many hard surface floors. You may also want to consider another model, if you are looking to upgrade your current steam mop. This machine is a perfect starter mop for those who want to determine if a steam mop will be a good addition to their home.
How to Pick the Best Floor Steam Cleaner
Floor steamers, which are more commonly referred to as steam mops, are clever inventions that make mopping faster, easier and more convenient. There is no need to keep buckets and chemicals on hand, and you won’t feel like you are just spreading dirty water over the floor. With a floor steamer, all you need is the mop itself, a soft cleaning head and some water.
While floor steamers may cost more at the time of purchase than traditional mops (you can purchase a snazzy sponge mop for less than $20 where as you can expect to spend a $100 or more on a steam mop), the benefits and advantages a floor steamer has over a traditional mop far outweigh any differences in cost and will more than pay for itself over time. How you ask? Well, for one, it will save you money on chemicals. In addition, because they are so much more efficient than sponge mops, you will also save a great deal of time. The mops themselves also last longer than regular floor mops, so it won’t have to be replaced again for quite some time. Moreover, they are incredibly quiet to use; the only noise they produce is the gentle hiss of steam as you clean. The greatest benefit of a floor steamer, however, is that it gets your floors clean and leaves them dry and ready to enjoy.
Five Must-Have Features of the Top Floor Steamers
- Dry Floors – Traditional mopping leaves floor soaking wet. A floor steamer leaves floors dry and safe, making them a great choice for households with pets and active children. Unfortunately, not all floor steamers are created equal when it comes to drying time. Lower quality floor steamers are often criticized for leaving the floor soaking wet. Choose a quality model that will put down a nice layer of steam, not just a heavy spray of hot water. You should also look for one with thick, absorbent pads to help ensure that your floor is left gorgeous and dry.
- Lightweight – They should be easy to push around, essentially gliding across the floor with ease. When reviewing your options, take a moment to consider how much the floor steamer weighs. Lighter floor steamers will be easier to handle and move around the home.
- Steam – Some floor steamers deliver steam upon demand through a trigger. Others provide a steady supply of hot steam. In general, the steady supply of steam will provide more thorough cleaning than the pump action models. A third option is to choose a floor steamer that combines the two methods. Some floor steamers are designed so that the steam is released when the mop is moved forward. This allows you to effectively remove any residue from the floor as you pull the steam mop back.
- Easy to use – Not all floor steamers are equally simply to use. One thing you will want to consider is how easily the mop pad can be fitted onto the mop and then removed. Some steam mops have a type of Velcro on the back of the mop cloths that will readily attach to the mop. Removing these heads is as simple as pulling it off when you are done. If the store has a display model, take a moment to put it on the floor and hold it. The handle should be high enough for you to comfortably grasp it and move it around the room.
- Accessories – Some floor steamers come with one mop head style that is designed either for large areas, or tiny spots and corners. The ideal steam cleaner, however, will have attachments for both. When you are investing money in a steam cleaner, it’s always wise to choose one with all the upgrades and features you can use. Multiple mop pads are always desirable, allowing you to have a few on hand even when you are behind on the laundry. A rug tray accessory will allow you to glide the steamer over low-pile carpets, removing dust and leaving them fresh.
Also, keep in mind that floor steamers are available in a wide range of pads, and the right one for you will depend on your personal preference. Some have disposable pads, which offer a great deal of convenience. The one drawback is that you will have to purchase new pads on a regular basis. Other floor steamers have cloth pads that you wash after every use. These will save you money in the long run, but you will want to buy a few extra pads. Having at least three on hand will allow you to cycle them through the wash, always keeping at least one clean pad ready to go. The third and final option is washable pads that are also reversible. These pads will go twice as long between washings, because both sides of the pad can be used for cleaning.
Take care when using steam mops. Manufacturers recommend wearing shoes when steam cleaning as a precaution. You also will not want to run the mop when small children are moving around. Floor steamers are extremely efficient and will save you money in the long run on the cost of water, chemicals and new mops. Quiet to operate and extremely easy to use, they are an excellent addition to any home.