Table of Contents
- Top 9 Best Wireless Gaming Mouse Review in 2020
- Top 10 Best Gaming Mouse Under $50 – Buy Gaming Mice for Cheap Price
- Top 5 Best FPS and RTS Gaming Mouse To Buy Online
- Top 10 Best Gaming Keyboards Reviews
- 1. Logitech G13 Programmable Gameboard with LCD
- 2. Corsair Vengeance K65 Compact Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- 3. Corsair Gaming K70 LUX Mechanical Keyboard, Backlit Red LED, Cherry MX Blue
- 4. Razer BlackWidow Chroma Clicky Mechanical Gaming Keyboard – Fully Programmable and 5 Macro Keys
- 5. Corsair Gaming K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Keyboard, Backlit RGB LED, Cherry MX Speed RGB
- 6. Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth V2 – Backlit Quiet Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with 10 Key Rollover
- 7. Razer Orbweaver Chroma – Elite RGB Mechanical Switches Gaming Keypad – Adjustable Hand, Thumb, and Palm-Rest
- 8. Corsair STRAFE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Red LED, Cherry MX Brown
- 9. Pictek 104 Keys Anti-ghosting Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with Blue Switch
- 10. KrBn Mechanical Keyboard Gaming Keyboard Full Sized Backlit with Phone Holder
- Difference between a gaming and regular keyboard
- Types of gaming keyboards
- Choosing The Right Gaming Keyboards
Revolution in the field of gaming has brought about several changes and launch of new devices and gaming consoles that can be used for playing the games on the PC. Today, by connecting the gaming device to the television, one can enjoy the games on the bigger screens.
One major component of PC games is the use of best gaming keyboards. Unlike the regular keyboards that are paired with the PC, these gaming keyboards have the built and the in-built functions that would help you in playing the games like the way it should be.
With the entry of the gaming keyboards into the market, gamers got the freedom to access the keys and functions that were crucial for the games. These were few things that one cannot get while using the regular keyboard for gaming purpose.
In the past few years, the gaming keyboard has been completely revolutionized, and today, the gamer can make use of a Bluetooth-enabled keyboard, which requires no form of wires to connect to the PC. This, in a way, has prevented the need for unplugging the regular keyboard from the device and plugging the gaming console when you feel like gaming on the PC.
Most of the gaming keyboards come in both wired and wireless options. It is up to you to choose the one that serves the purpose for which you wish to buy the gaming keyboard.
Top 10 Best Gaming Keyboards Reviews
1. Logitech G13 Programmable Gameboard with LCD
Logitech is known for its range of gaming consoles and devices, and this gaming keyboard is no different. With the provision to combine the device with your regular keyboard, the Logitech G13 is easy to handle and has the aesthetics that enables the user to have eased over gaming.
The game board comes with 25 programmable keys that can be assigned various keyboard functions to suit the gaming style of the person. The GamePanel LCD screen fit with the board helps to view the gaming stats, along with displaying the communication from the other gamers during the game.
The LCD panel has a pixel resolution of 160×43 pixels, which is enough to show the required information about the games on the display panel. By using the G13 game panel, the gamer will be able to gain some control over the game in about 87 different ways.
The presence of the customizable 25 different program keys helps to add the macros feature to the keyboard while gaming. The user can make use of three game modes in total, and the shape of the keyboard is in such a way that, the user can rest the hand on the bottom panel connected to the keypad.
The backlight features can be customized and will help the gamers to identify the keys even under low light conditions. The gaming keyboard comes with the option of several pre-configured settings for some of the most played games including Call of Duty 4, World of Warcraft and Lords of the Rings. There is also a programmable analog stick that can be used to control the game.
- The GamePanel allows the gamer to communicate with the fellow gamers during the game.
- The shape of the keyboard is perfect for using it for a long time, as the concave key panel provides comfort during use.
- The keyboard has received an award for being the most innovative design in the gaming keyboards.
- The backlight colors can be customized according to the gamers’ preferences.
- The software update on the device needs to be removed of the bugs.
- There is no automatic button press on the keyboard.
- The joystick does not always come handy during gaming.
- The speed and control of the device reduces after a point of time.
2. Corsair Vengeance K65 Compact Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
A well-known name in the field of gaming devices, Corsair is out with its mechanical gaming keyboard that can be connected to the PC to enjoy limitless hours of gaming. Fit with all the features that give the company its name, this gaming keyboard is currently one of the best gaming keyboards in the market.
The gaming keyboard comes with a compact 10-keyless design that helps the user to pack it in the bag during the travel to some gaming events. The keyboard is compatible with devices that make use of Windows 7, 8, Windows Vista or Windows XP. Having USB 2.0 connectivity, the gamer can get 100% anti-ghosting along with a full key rollover with the help of the USB port. There is a cable routing to keep the cable in place while the device is in use.
Designed for competitive gaming, the keyboard has full-sized keys for comfortable gaming. The brushed gunmetal anodized aluminum chassis provides a professional and sturdy look to the gaming keyboard. The Cherry MX Red Mechanical Switches provide a smooth and linear response for up to double and triple taps on the keyboard with a noticeable click.
With the 10-keyless design, you can accommodate the keyboard in small desk spaces, and the detachable wire can be wrapped around the device while packing it in a bag. This is suitable for those gamers who are on the move and are interested in attending the gaming events in the nearby places.
- This gaming keyboard is perfect for travel, as it is easy to pack and carry around in the bag.
- The mechanical key switches help in having a fast gaming experience.
- Comfortable spacing of the keys allows the user to have freedom in accessing the keys on the keyboard.
- The anodized aluminum covering of the keyboard provides durability for long hours of gaming
- This keyboard does not have a rest for the wrist.
- The audible clicks on the keys are bit loud.
- At times, hitting the backspace makes the person lose continuity of the game.
- The keyboard faces some problem with performance occasionally.
3. Corsair Gaming K70 LUX Mechanical Keyboard, Backlit Red LED, Cherry MX Blue
The LUX line of mechanical gaming keyboards from Corsair makes use of all the legendary features of the company. Providing the ultimate gaming experience to the gamers, this particular gaming keyboard has programmable keys and customizable light controls that work to the benefit of the gamers.
This wired gaming keyboard from Corsair can be connected to the PC device using the USB connectivity. The CUE enabled lighting controls helps the gamer to get a better backlight for the accessing the keys on the keyboard. The Red LED lighting generally goes along with the surrounding peripheral ensemble that can be connected to the keyboard.
The mechanical keyboard is fit with dedicated multimedia controls that help the gamers to adjust the video and the audio without any interruption. The FPA and MOBA keycap sets provide the users better grip over each key during the game. There is a detachable wrist rest that can be used during long hours of gaming.
The LUX line of keyboards is for those who do not require the RGB lighting and makes use of the Cherry MX Blue key switches that offer better tactility along with an audible click. Fit with a 104 key rollover on USB; the keyboard can provide 100% anti-ghosting for accurate performance.
- The aircraft grade anodized brushed aluminium frame provides a sturdy and professional look.
- The keys on the keyboard have large cases and better grip.
- Separate multimedia function keys for uninterrupted gaming.
- Gaming mouse can be connected to the keyboard through the USB port.
- This works on devices that only recognizes connected peripheral devices.
- The detachable wrist support is not sturdy.
- Support for the gaming keyboard is not up to the expectations.
- The USB cable that comes with the keyboard cannot be removed.
4. Razer BlackWidow Chroma Clicky Mechanical Gaming Keyboard – Fully Programmable and 5 Macro Keys
Designed for hardcore gaming, this particular gaming keyboard has been built by keeping in mind the advanced standards of Razer range of mechanical switches.
Providing a crisp and consistent performance, this mechanical gaming keyboard is listed as one of the top contenders amongst the range of durable gaming keyboards in the market. This gaming keyboard allows the user to express their individuality through the color options that are available on the keyboard.
Fit with fully programmable keys along with 5 additional gaming keys; this gaming keyboard is able to add the on-the-fly macro option during gaming. The 10 key rollover USB option provides complete anti-ghosting help to the users. The 3.5 mm headset and the USB cable provide good connectivity for the gaming keyboard and the PC. The gaming keyboard has a lifespan of 60 million keystrokes and has an ultra polling frequency of 1000Hz. The Razer mechanical switches have the ability to function with an actuation force of 50g.
The gaming keyboard comes along with a braided fiber cable that allows the user to have fast connectivity to the PC. The Razer Chroma Backlight allows the gamer to choose from 16.8 million customizable color options for the different keys on the keyboard.
The users have easy access to the media keys on the gaming keyboard for easy control over the volume and also for media playback. Fit with a 2-year warranty; this particular gaming keyboard has the inter-device color synchronization that allows the gamers to match each of the peripherals with their keyboards. The Razer Synapse option allows the gamer to have easy control over the light settings.
- Easily customizable backlight settings for the gaming keyboard.
- The metal top mounting offers durability to the device for long term use.
- The gaming keys are fully programmable.
- Gamers can get complete control over their device.
- The gaming keyboard does not have a wrist support.
- The keys tend to be misplaced while the keyboard is delivered to the person.
- The driver software is difficult to install.
- This keyboard is only fit for experienced gamers.
5. Corsair Gaming K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Keyboard, Backlit RGB LED, Cherry MX Speed RGB
Considered to be one of the fastest mechanical keyboards in the market, this gaming keyboard from Corsair is perfectly designed for people who are into fast and hardcore gaming. As the name indicates, this keyboard surely works in the rapid fire level and has all the required features to make it one of the best gaming keyboards in the current market.
For speed gaming, the gaming keyboard is fit with a 1.2mm mechanical actuation along with the durable Gold Contact Cherry MX mechanical gaming key. Having a light operation of 45g, the gaming keyboard is able to function 40% faster than the other keyboards in the market. The CUE software allows the user to view the keys in large fonts to make sure that they do not miss out on the game while searching for the key. The RGB LED technology offers the perfect level of backlighting for the gamers.
The gaming keyboard offers full key rollover along with the complete anti-ghosting option to make sure that the gaming keyboard is connected to the PC without any interruption. The large font keycaps and the well-spaced keys offer the gamers the required level of comfort.
The anodized brushed aluminium outer frame provides the user with a durable keyboard that does not hang while heavy gaming. The dedicated multimedia keys on the gaming keyboard provide the convenience of accessing the volume and media playback without any disturbance to the game in action. The FPS and MOBA keycap sets offer better grip over the keys on the keyboard.
- Large fonts on the keycaps offer the users with better accessibility.
- The contoured surface of the keys come handy while heavy gaming.
- Detachable wrist support provides comfort during long hours of gaming.
- The outer frame is lightweight and durable.
- It works on devices that recognize the connected peripherals
- The bottom row has a non-standard key size.
- The backplate of the gaming keyboard is not convenient to use.
- There are no direct audio ports on the keyboard.
6. Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth V2 – Backlit Quiet Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with 10 Key Rollover
Coming under the extremely durable range of gaming keyboards, this particular mechanical keyboard from Razer offers the ultimate gaming experience without the audible clicks that result due to the use of the mechanical switches. Coming with a 2 year warranty period, this gaming keyboard mixes durability along with the convenience of use for the gamers.
Having USB 3.0 for connectivity, the 3.5 mm headphone and microphone ports in the gaming keyboard allow the gamer to get a better connectivity with the peripheral devices. Having the ability to withstand up to 80 million keystrokes, this gaming keyboard weighs about 3 lbs and is easy to carry around. This gaming keyboard works best when connected to the devices that have the following OS installed on them, and they include Windows 10 and Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.
The gaming keyboard comes fit with individual and programmable backlit keys along with 5 dynamic lighting options, all in Razer Green. With a 10 key rollover support and complete anti-ghosting, the keyboard is able to connect the USB devices without any break. To gain supremacy in gaming, the user can easy program the various keys on the keyboard.
- The keyboard keys are easily programmable.
- The response and consistency while playing games is high.
- Separate media and volume control keys.
- The mechanical switches do not produce much sound.
- The gaming keyboard does not have a detachable wrist support.
- The silent key function suppresses the feel of mechanical keyboard.
- There are problems during the driver software installation.
- The functions of keys get exchanged at times.
7. Razer Orbweaver Chroma – Elite RGB Mechanical Switches Gaming Keypad – Adjustable Hand, Thumb, and Palm-Rest
The gaming keyboard from Razer makes use of all the new mechanical switches introduced by the company and has the aesthetics that works best for the convenience of the gamers. The general features and the key functions make the keyboard to look like it has been specially made for gaming.
The gaming keyboard comes fit with 30 programmable keys along with an 8 way thumb pad. Light in weight, this particular gaming keyboard weighs only 10.6 ounces. The Razer mechanical switches function at an actuation force of 50 g and have more than 16.8 million customizable lighting options.
All new Razer Mechanical switches can be seen in this gaming keyboard and also makes use of the Chroma backlight option with 16.8 million customizable colors, which is connected to the Razer Synapse function.
The shape and the build of the gaming keyboard are similar to that of a hand with a wrist and the palm rest on the device provides comfort for ling hours of gaming. There is the in-game configurator that enables the intuitive gaming system in the gaming device and the keyboard.
- Razer Synapse allows the customization of the backlights.
- In-game configurator allows the gamer to personalize the game according to their preference.
- The tactile feedback system is fast and responsive.
- The palm rest offers ergonomic support for the gamers.
- Backlighting cannot be mapped on devices that use Mac OS.
- The controller is not as sturdy as it claims.
- Setting up the keys is tedious and consumes a lot of time.
- The gamer takes time getting used to the directional keypad.
8. Corsair STRAFE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Red LED, Cherry MX Brown
Providing the complete support of the Cherry MX mechanical switches, this particular gaming keyboard comes fit with the best in the range of features from Corsair. The make and the functions in the gaming keyboard offer the users with the much-required gaming advantage over the others.
With a 104 key rollover function, the gaming keyboard allows 100% anti-ghosting facility for the gamers. The presence of CUE in the keyboard allows the gamer to gain programming authority over the keyboard keys. Weighing 3 pounds, this gaming keyboard can be connected to a wide range of devices that have USB compatibility. The wireless model of this gaming keyboard comes with a radio frequency of 2.4 GHz.
Having the Red LED lighting as part of the Cherry MX system, the gamers get better visibility of the keys on the keyboard. With the ability to withstand up to 50 million presses, this gaming keyboard makes use of the pressure resistant metal alloys in the springs that come in contact with the switches. The FPS and MOBA keycap sets offer textured coating on the keys and a better grip for the gamers.
- The textured surface of the keys offers good grip while gaming.
- The gaming grade circuitry remembers the moves made by the gamers.
- The keyboard has easy media access control keys.
- The dynamic backlight of the device enhances the gaming experience.
- There is no wrist support for the keyboard.
- Linux cannot be installed on this keyboard.
- The clicks are bit noisy and irritate the users after a point.
- The keys turn wobbly after a point of time.
9. Pictek 104 Keys Anti-ghosting Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with Blue Switch
Considered to be a new entry in the range of gaming keyboards, this product from Pictek offers the best in the range of gaming peripherals, especially the gaming keyboards for the ultimate experience.
Fit with the 104 N Rollover option; this gaming keyboard is able to withstand up to 50 million keystrokes while gaming. There are about 9 light effect options on this gaming keyboard that can be used to adjust the level of backlighting on the device. The non-slip design of the device makes sure that the device is in place during heavy gaming.
The blue mechanical switch in the keys functions with a minimal click. Complete with a matte finish, the keyboard can provide better grip for the gamers during the action. There is the built-in palm and wrist support to assist the gamers during heavy gaming.
- There is built-in support for palm and wrists.
- The keycaps can be removed and cleaned.
- The devices is simple and easy to operate.
- Anti-ghosting function offers complete support.
- The device is not waterproof.
- The keyboard is compatible with MAC only if it accepts the USB keyboard.
- The keyboard loses its function after a point.
- The sound produced during clicks causes irritation after a point.
10. KrBn Mechanical Keyboard Gaming Keyboard Full Sized Backlit with Phone Holder
This latest addition to KrBn is one of the best mechanical gaming keyboards that you can get your hands on. With high-speed feedback, the gamer is able to gain supremacy of heavy gaming.
There are 9 different backlit LED options along with 8 game lighting modes. Fit with 3 spare switches; this gaming keyboard weighs about 2.9 pounds.
Having wide compatibility, the anti-ghosting facility offers the independent control over the different mechanical switches. The presence of 104 gaming control keys provides the gamer with the freedom to have access to a wide function control along with support from the dynamic backlight.
- Separate holder for the mobile phones.
- Sensitive and responsive to touch.
- The keyboard is durable and waterproof.
- There is a free keycap puller.
- The wrist support cannot be removed.
- There is no built-in USB hub.
- The keyboard loses the function after a point.
- There are no proper instructions for the set-up.
Difference between a gaming and regular keyboard
Most of the gaming keyboards that are used today come under the range of mechanical or the membrane keyboards. Though in this, the mechanical keyboards are preferred than the membrane keyboards for gaming.
There are few features that will help in understanding the difference between a gaming keyboard and the regular keyboard. One needs to understand that gamers require certain keyboard function and keys that cannot be seen on the regular keyboards.
Gaming keyboards are being specially developed to suit the gaming needs of the people. Be it the lower end or, the higher models; there are slight variations that one can observe regarding features and quality that sets apart the gaming keyboard from the regular keyboard. Breaking down the differences between a regular and a gaming keyboard, here are some of the points to consider.
Use of switches
The gaming keyboards have what is called the switches underneath each of the keys in the keyboard. When you press a single key, the spring underneath the key gets pressed down and comes into contact with the stem of the switch. This in turn registers the move made by you and sends it as a signal to the PC.
This basic feature can be found in the mechanical keyboards that one uses for the gaming purpose. Though the regular keyboards tend to have these, they do not serve the same purpose as that of the gaming keyboard.
Gaming keyboards are used for high and advanced level of gaming, and thus it is common to see that such keyboards have better quality than the regular keyboards. The regular keyboards are general low in cost when compared to the ones used for gaming, and thus you can expect the manufacturer to make use of a low-quality membrane as a dome for the keyboard.
This is not the case for the gaming keyboards. In these keyboards, nearly all the keys have some function or the other and would be used while playing the games. This is one of the reasons why manufacturers ensure to add a durable protective dome to the keyboard.
Types of gaming keyboards
Now that it has been made clear about the differences between the gaming and the regular keyboards, it is time to address the two different types of gaming keyboards used by the gamer.
The two variants include membrane and mechanical keyboards. These two are the basic types, and the other variants that come out in the market are developments on these two existing types of gaming keyboards.
As the name indicates, the membrane keyboards make use of sheets of membrane connected to conductive traces underneath them. When the user presses the key, the pressure pads that are located on the holes underneath the top membrane get pushed down and touch the conductive traces that send a signal to the PC.
This keyboard can further be divided into flat key design and the switch keyboard. The latter is most often used as a gaming keyboard, as they have the keys popping from the surface, thereby increasing the physical feedback required to transmit the signal.
Advantages of membrane keyboards
Some notable advantages of using a membrane keyboard for gaming include,
- Noise-free : As the keyboard has sheets of membrane, there is no sound generated when you press the keys while gaming. The games may require you to use the keys in a faster pace, and during this time, you would not disturb the person next to you by clicking on any of the keys.
- Similar experience to mechanical keyboards : Since both of them are made using the advanced technology, one cannot find any much difference between the build of the two keyboards used for gaming. They both have the same level of physical feedback, though the mechanical keyboard tends to have a little edge over the membrane keyboards.
- Affordable pricing : These membrane keyboards are manufactured using the materials that are easy to find and uses the mature technology while making the dome for the keyboards. This way, the overall cost of the keyboard gets lowered and becomes affordable for the person to buy.
- Easy to carry : Membrane keyboards are made from plastic and are considered to be lightweight. You can carry it along with you or place them on your lap while you are gaming.
Mechanical keyboards have switches underneath each of the keys, and some of these switches have a function that is different than the others. Some of these keys are easy to press, while the others require some extra pressure.
These mechanical keyboards come fit with replaceable and exchangeable keycaps that can be removed or put back if they come out from their groove.
Advantages of mechanical keyboards
Some of the advantages that you can benefit from while using the mechanical keyboards include,
- Exchangeable keycaps : The presence of removable keycaps helps the user to customize the keyboard keys according to their preferences. You can take it up as a DIY project and give the entire keyboard a new look to match the letter case in the keys or the theme of your desktop.
- Durable : Unlike the membrane keyboards, the mechanical keyboards do not have a membrane within them, thus takes a lot of wear and tear. The keys do not change their feedback with the slightest motion and will stay the same even after you use it after a long time.
- Tactile : Once you get used to the mechanical keyboard, your moves and preferences will be remembered, and you do not have to press the same key repeatedly, which is usually beneficial to the gamers having the tendency to type quickly.
- Perfect weight : This particular feature adds to the advantage of the gamers, as you do not have to push the keyboard back into position if it slightly moves away in the middle of the game.
- Typing style : As the mechanical keyboards make use of switches, you do not have to press all the way down on the key. A slight push on the key is enough for the keyboard to send out the signal to the PC.
- Using multiple keys : With the mechanical keyboard, you have the liberty to use more than one key at a time during the game. At times, you can press all the keys on the keyboard if the game requires, which cannot be done in the case of a regular keyboard. This particular aspect is called key rollover.
- Easy maintenance : As the keyboard has replaceable keycaps, it can be removed while cleaning the device and put back on later.
Both the two different types of gaming keyboards have their pros and cons that need to be weighed before you choose one for your gaming purpose. Each of these keyboards has been built to suit the various gaming needs of the people, and you need to understand that not all keyboards would suit every person.
Choosing The Right Gaming Keyboards
The idea is simple. If you are person who wishes to play minimal games on the PC and has no preference for the type of keyboard, it is better to choose the one that is on the lower end of the market. For people involved in high levels of fast paced gaming, then it is better to choose the one that comes with all the advanced features, which can enhance the entire gaming experience.
Keep in mind that any form of investment that you make for the gaming keyboard is being done with the future in mind and not just the short term use. For all the pro gamers out there looking to buy some quality gaming keyboards, here are few things that you need to consider before you decide upon a particular make.
The final pricing on the product is given after taking into consideration all the added features to the device. This includes the mechanical switches, the RGB lighting and the extra function keys on the keyboard. High quality gaming keyboards do not fall into an easily affordable price range, though you need to ensure that the price is worth all the features that have been mentioned.
In such keyboards, you will see a wide range of features that include a num pad, extra row of macro keys, monocolored and RGB backlighting, full range of keys and mechanical switches.
Membrane or Mechanical
The price of the keyboard plays a major role in choosing between the two variants of gaming keyboards. As mentioned earlier, they have their benefits and downsides. When we consider the pricing, the keyboards on the lower side of the price listing come under the membrane keyboards, while those on the higher side are the mechanical keyboards.
Amateurs who are new to the process generally start out by practicing on the membrane keyboards and then upgrade to the mechanical keyboards. This will help them to gain some control over the games in the initial stages.
Choosing an all purpose model keyboard
The basic idea behind a gaming keyboard is to bring in all the features of the peripheral devices into a single device. The majority of the keyboards that you see today in the market fall under these all-purpose model range of gaming keyboards. By choosing this type of gaming keyboard, you would save up on the cost of purchasing the in-built peripherals found on this keyboard.
There are three different types of lighting in the gaming keyboards. These are none, monocolored and full RGB. This lighting will help the gamers to press the correct keys on the keyboard, even if the person is not good with typing. But the one thing that you need to consider in this would be choosing the right type of lighting that matches with your mouse and the screen.
For instance, if the mouse and the power indicator have a red color lighting, choosing a keyboard with blue lighting would put off the ensemble that you have set up for gaming.
Right features for the price
When you choose the gaming keyboard, ensure that you can get all the features you are looking for at that price. If you do not pay attention to that, you will end up spending more from your pocket after you purchase the gaming keyboard when you wish to add the lighting or some extra keys on the surface. Above all, decide if the particular gaming keyboard is durable and lives up to the name it has built for itself in the market.
Now that you know what is out there, it is time to keep in mind the various factors mentioned above before you choose a gaming keyboard. Being a long term investment, it is better to choose the one that is worth the money spent.