Table of Contents
- Top 10 Best Gaming Keyboards Reviews in 2020
- Top 10 Best Cable Modems Reviews in 2020
- Top 10 Best Laptop Cooling Pads Reviews in 2020
- Top 10 Best Gaming Mouse Reviews
- 1. Razer DeathAdder Chroma
- 2. UltraSmart Venus
- 3. Logitech G602 Gaming Mouse
- 4. Razer DeathAdder Elite Gaming Mouse
- 5. Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
- 6. Razer Nega Chroma Gaming Mouse
- 7. Logitech G403 Prodigy Gaming Mouse
- 8. Corsair Gaming M65 Pro Gaming Mouse
- 9. Razer DeathAdder Essential
- 10. Logitech G303 Deadalus Apex Performance Edition
- Benefits of gaming mice over regular ones
- Types Of Gaming Mouse
- How to choose the best gaming mouse?
- Physical factors in choosing the correct mouse
The world of entertainment has changed drastically after the arrival of computers in the scene. More options in the audio, as well as video graphics genres, has helped in developing technologies that are pretty close to duplicating the effect of real life.
The gaming technologies that have come along this time have been extensively designed in order to create a more credible virtual life for the gamer.
The experience of gaming could not have been this good in the absence of the hardware support that could compliment these technologies. The basic gears used in the computers while having the ability to give a good experience, but there are specific hardware like the best gaming mouse which makes the deal better from the gamer perspective.
Also, there are options in both wired as well as wireless variants. Thus the gamer shall decide upon the type of variant suitable for the usage.
Top 10 Best Gaming Mouse Reviews
1. Razer DeathAdder Chroma
This mouse from Razer is known amongst the most users as being highly usable for both gaming as well as official works. It is one of the most highly acclaimed mouse options available in the marketplace.
This mouse offers a 10,000 dpi optical sensor making its sensitivity pretty favorable for the gamers looking for a closed response option. The polling rate for the mouse amounts to as high as 1000 Hz and is termed as ultra polling. The mouse comes with five custom buttons for helping the user create a better macro definition. The mouse is capable of going up to 300 inches per second acceleration.
Chroma feature allows the availability of 16.8 million customizable color options for the user. The five buttons on the mouse are hyper-responsive and allow independent programmable options.
The mouse offers an on the fly sensitivity adjustment option for the gamer to decide the most suitable specification according to their preferences. The design is ergonomically acclaimed and is preferred by the right-handed users.
The rubber grip on the sides of the mouse makes it easy to work for a longer period without having to wreathe in discomfort. It also allows the mouse to get in color synced with other Chroma-enabled devices.
- The aesthetics are easy to the eye as well on the hand i.e. the device looks good as well as works out pretty well even under heavy usage.
- The build quality is pretty good which makes the mouse pretty durable.
- The rubber grip on the sides makes long time usage pretty convenient.
- The sensor used in the device is just exemplary.
- The lighting effects are limited.
- It requires updated firmware and softwares to work in the full quality levels.
- The side placed buttons are a bit congested and create troubles for those with bigger palms.
- The spectrum cycling can’t be controlled which is at times not pleasing.
2. UltraSmart Venus
This mouse is one of the most innovative options available in the market. It tries to put a balance between the mouse and keyboard functionalities, and as the experience of the users speaks, it does a pretty good job in this respect.
The mouse comes with 19 buttons placed on the mouse in an approach to create a device that could decrease the requirement of the keyboard while operating the mouse. There is an 8 piece weight tuning set which is used to customize the mouse according to the requirement. There are 5 colors mode with breathing light patterns. The 16,400 DPI, high precision Laser Sensor, is the highlight of the mouse.
Weight tuning feature of the mouse allows the users to personalize the experience. The specially placed 19 buttons on the mouse allow assigning extensive macros. There is also a DPI improvisation switch in the middle of the mouse.
- The extra buttons on the mouse contour have extensive usage as they allow the user to handle the device without having to look for the keyboard repeatedly.
- The DPI improvisation feature is pretty well established and thus lets the users make the changes in the sensitivity with ease.
- The sensor used in the mouse is absolutely responsive, even at the maximum DPI settings.
- The braided cable used here is pretty durable and even compliments the look.
- The device could have had a better build quality, looking at the price bracket it has been kept in.
- The colors in the LED lighting are not as appealing as expected from a high-end.
- The pricing of the product comes as an unwelcome surprise as several similar options are priced well below the price band.
- The mouse requires some definite improvement in the thumb grid positioning which seems to be devoid of any reasonable tolerance for larger palms.
3. Logitech G602 Gaming Mouse
Designed by the premiers of the hardware industry, this mouse is quite aptly tagged as the ‘boss of the boss.’ Logitech has used all its expertise and designing knowledge in coming out with a spectacular design and features that could give even the most expensive counterparts a run for their money.
This is a wireless mouse and uses a 2.4 GHz system with a 2 millisecond report rate. It also features a delta zero sensor. The sensitivity of the mouse can be changed on a fly. Its DPI specifications can be varied from 250 DPI to 2500 DPI using the switch.
The most striking feature of this model is its long battery life which is around 250 hours in gaming mode while it can go up to 1440 hours in endurance mode. It has a battery indicator as well for the user to know when the battery might require changing. The buttons on the mouse are all independently programmable and thus allow the user to define detailed macros with ease.
- The battery life is a definite advantage for the heavy users.
- The build quality of the mouse is pretty decent and is at par with the higher standards of mouse manufacturing.
- Tracing rate is precise and shows no lag which helps the gamer to make even the sliest maneuvers with ease.
- Textured grip allows the gamer to use the mouse with relative ease during intensive gaming sessions.
- The wireless range is up to 3 m across all coordinates and works pretty well even when at a distance.
- The placement of thumb button binds the palm movement to an extent and restricts the maneuvering stances.
- The mouse is somewhat heavier than the others.
- The middle scroll wheel can make squeaking sounds after some usage.
- The size of the mouse makes it difficult for the gamer to pick and drop it during maneuvers.
4. Razer DeathAdder Elite Gaming Mouse
Razer is known for designing the most sensitive yet gaming oriented mice in the industry. With a technical expertise and the knack for innovation, the introduction of DeathAdder is another step towards making the gaming mice industry a lot more interesting than it already is.
This mouse comes with a DPI range up to 16,000 DPI, and the acceleration is up to 450 IPS/ 50 g. There are 7 seven switches placed alongside the mouse for varying functions. Chroma lighting feature allows 16.8 million color options. 1000 Hz ultra polling improves the response rate of the system to the movement.
On the fly sensitivity adjustment helps in precisely customize the DPI settings. The 7 buttons used on the mouse are all independently programmable. The mouse comes with a gaming grade scroll wheel. The mechanical switches used in the mouse can take up to 50 million clicks and remain in the best of their shape. The sensor used in the mouse is considered the most advanced with around 99.4 % accuracy in resolution.
- The design is ergonomically matured and has been made to ensure that the user does not get tired even after long time usage.
- The customizable color options are a delight as they keep the workplace interesting for both the gamer and regular user.
- The weight balance of the mouse makes it essentially easy to operate and maneuver even with the swiftest of actions.
- The resolution accuracy of the mouse, as well as the lesser response time, makes it a delight for the gamer.
- The placement of thumb buttons is yet not perfected in this design as well.
- The build quality of middle mouse wheel has raised some questions.
- The non-controllable spectrum cycling can be irritating for the classic.
- The price for this mouse can raise some eyebrows.
5. Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
This is one of the trendiest gaming mice in the whole of the industry. It seamlessly joins the designing and aesthetics factors to the functionality. Logitech has made sure to induct all the relevant features of the mouse and incorporated a wonderfully menacing design for the gamers.
The adjustable sensitivity range of the mouse is between 200 DPI to 12,000 DPI. It goes on to work for 30 hours under heavy use after a single charge. It uses a PMW3366 optical gaming sensor. The mouse offers as many as 16.8 million customizable color options to suit the user preferences. Being a wireless mouse, it makes sure to graduate to the level of long lasting accuracy that is desired from it.
The mouse is ultra lag free and transmits a response with utmost promptness. The 11 buttons used on the mouse are programmable to incorporate variable macro definitions. There are 5 DPI settings that could be switched on the fly. It is a hybrid model mouse and allows the user to switch from wireless to wired version with ease.
- The sensor used in the mouse is considered the best in class by heavy gamers and is extensively responsive and accurate.
- The battery life of the mouse is better than that of the others in the same segment.
- The switching of wireless to wired mouse modules is pretty simple and can be done even while into the game.
- The sleekly put design makes it easier for the gamer to make maneuvers.
- It requires several firmware updates to work in full swing.
- While its price is almost double its predecessor G700, it does not offer too much an improvement in the functionalities.
- The missing smart scroll feature can be a game changer for several people.
- Horizontal traveling of mouse buttons makes it difficult to manage during swift gaming sessions.
6. Razer Nega Chroma Gaming Mouse
This mouse has been designed in order to accommodate a maximum number of users through balance in the functionalities as well as designing of the device. The gaming users are taken extra care of as they get a few extra modulations in the device to upscale handling as well as experience.
The mouse features a sensitivity range of up to 16,000 DPI. There are 12 thumb buttons placed like a grid on the side for the gamers’ ease of access.
The Razer Chroma feature of the mouse allows as much as 16.8 million customized colors for the user to pick from. There is an inter-device color synchronization feature with this mouse. All the 19 buttons available on the mouse are independently programmable and thus can be used to device a large macro definition for use in various games. It also features a concave button design.
- The thumb grid buttons are well placed and thus help the gamer in getting the quickest reflexes during cutthroat competitions.
- The ultra polling in this mouse is just exemplary and thus the response time for the movement is gravely reduced, and one gets the upper hand from the other competitors.
- The color streams are highly customizable and thus are able to match the preferences of almost every user with ease.
- The mouse is a big bigger in size.
- The thumb grid is something which would take some practice to perfect and could easily lead to overlapping of commands in the beginning.
- The firmware update required for the mouse has to be found out on your own as it is not provided by Razer. This is kind of irritating at times as, without the update, the mouse fails to deliver to its full potential.
- Cursor bouncing issues have been reported in some of the cases; this makes it really tough to handle in the harsh gaming sessions.
7. Logitech G403 Prodigy Gaming Mouse
This is a predominantly gaming oriented mouse from Logitech and comes with the most advanced features that Logitech has to offer in this segment. While this seems like a pretty basic design at first but is quite enough to handle even the most intricate games being played by the users.
G403 comes with the most sensitive and well-developed sensor from Logitech. Its sensitivity can be managed up to a range of 12,000 DPI. The minimum pixel targeting is placed at 200 DPI. It weighs at around 90 grams. It has 6 buttons placed on the body. The customized lighting options amount to 16.8 million colors.
The mouse has a 10 grams removable weight feature which allow different users to customize the mouse according to their own preference. The buttons on the mouse are programmable. It comes in both wireless and wired versions.
- The response time of prodigy is far better than other mice of the same segment.
- Being manageable in weight, it allows the user to switch to the favorable weight according to the type of game and the type competition.
- It does not require any extra logins or software updates and is kind of plug and play device.
- The sensor in the mouse is very helpful in precise targeting and motion detection during gaming sessions.
- Being pretty large makes it difficult to handle for those with relatively smaller palms.
- The free spinning scroll wheel is a recurring issue with this model and has been reported by numerous users.
- The price of the mouse is pretty high considering it being in the basic segment of gaming mice.
- There is no Bluetooth connectivity in the mouse which is troublesome for someone looking for an option for laptop pairing.
- The number of macros that could be defined as this device is s limiting feature for a hardcore gamer.
8. Corsair Gaming M65 Pro Gaming Mouse
This device from Corsair seems to have been designed with an approach of optimizing all the onboard features before putting them on. It has been branded justifiably as gamers’ delight and is kept in high regard particularly amongst the enthusiasts of first person shooting games.
The mouse features an upper limit of sensitivity at 12,000 DPI. It uses high capacity Omron switches. There are eight customized buttons placed on the mouse for the user. There is an extra optimized sniper positioning button on the mouse. The switches used in the mouse work efficiently even after 50,000 pressings.
The macro programming in this mouse is done using the six buttons which have been strategically placed on it. It uses aircraft grade aluminum for manufacturing. There is also an advanced weight tuning system for the users to customize the handling experience. There are also several color options available for the body of the mouse.
- The build quality of the mouse is pretty incredible and allows a great level of durability for the device.
- The RGB feature is quite well developed and has been greatly applauded by the users.
- It allows the user to select whether to go for the spectrum cycling or use static color. This is pretty important as not all users like being dictated the type of illumination in their device.
- The chassis design is pretty good and feels comfortable while using.
- The rubberized pads around the mouse allow the user to attain a better grip on the mouse which comes in handy while in crux gaming situations.
- The middle scroll wheel creates trouble as it seems a bit lose and moves waywardly as the mouse begins to get older.
- The software used in the mouse, CUE, seems to be buggy as it malfunctions repeatedly.
- The support system from Corsair is not very efficient.
- Not much data about this model is available for this model on the online forums.
9. Razer DeathAdder Essential
This is an entry level gaming mouse from Razer. It has been designed for the casual gamers who do not wish for too much detailing in their mouse but are willing for an updated version of the regular mice being used by them. This is a basic gaming mouse with the extra features to improve the experience.
The mouse comes with a sensor with a sensitivity of the upper limit up to 6400 DPI. The mouse gives 200 inches per second and 50 g acceleration. The unit weight of the mouse is at 9.6 ounces.
The mouse has rubber grip around the sides to facilitate easy handling and reflexes for the gamer. It comes with Razer Synapse 2.0 and thus is supported by cloud configuration. It has the Z-axis sensitivity which is as up to 1 mm from the surface. The device also boasts of zero interpolation.
- The grip featured on the device is pretty favorable for the gamers as it allows the user to use tricky maneuvers without much difficulty.
- The hyper-response buttons on the mouse allow the gamer to get a better experience as there is hardly any lag in the response from the system.
- The accuracy of the sensor is pretty insane in all the coordinates and helps the gamer get a better stance in all the games.
- Razer Synapse allows the user to get all the software requirements from the cloud instead of having to browse the web for the firmware.
- The ergonomic design avoids sweat buildup making it easier for the users to go for a long time working with it.
- The high price of this device is obviously a pretty big issue looking at its placement in the entry level segment.
- The build quality of the chord being used in the mouse is one of the major issues for the users.
- There are a limited number of macros that are available with this device.
10. Logitech G303 Deadalus Apex Performance Edition
Logitech has developed this mouse after considering the inputs from the enthusiasts as well as the experts of the gaming genre. It is one of the perfect examples of how even a conventional design can also be combined with the high-end design and functional capabilities.
This mouse has the upper limit sensitivity of 12,000 DPI which can be reached using 5 switch settings. The minimum pixel precise targeting is 200 DPI for this device. The unit weight of the mouse stands at 8.3 ounces.
The mouse features durable and lightweight materials. The switches and the buttons have been tested to last at least 20 million presses without any issues. It also features RGB lighting which allows the users to have options while selecting tones of colors for their device.
- The sensor used in the device is pretty amazing and is amongst the best in the gaming mice industry.
- The mouse is very lightweight which makes it a handy option for the gamers.
- The device has been designed to last longer than the other options in the same segment because of the durable material.
- Logitech has ensured to incorporate a comfortable key alignment and button placement.
- The build of the mouse is not of supreme quality. Some level of improvement is still required to get this product in the upper strata of devices.
- While the device is not of the most high-end features, it is still priced in the greater strata of pricing.
- The MicroGear Precision fails to impress as it leads to the lagging of the sensor at times.
- The software used by the device has got nothing special to offer to the experience and is just a stock version of the Logitech devices.
- It requires some software and firmware updates in order to get it perform better.
Benefits of gaming mice over regular ones
This is one of the most obvious debates that come with every innovations; the debate about the relevance of the new product. The classic users often face this dilemma as they do not wish to change their faith from the usual mice to the new generation innovations. Let us look at some of the benefits that could help in getting them believe in the gaming mice.
The gaming mice are generally designed to accommodate easy options for changing the sensitivity towards movement according to the user. This is important as all the gamers have personalized preferences when it comes off the mouse usage. It has the ability to compliment the gaming experience by far.
Gaming gets pretty intense at times, and this leads to several physical reflexes like sweating from the gamer. These can alter the sensitivity and the activity of the mouse which could, in turn, deteriorate the experience. Abrupt slipping of the mouse is one of the most irritating things when the gamer is at crucial moments in the game.
Using a gaming mouse allows the gamer to predefine several movements and also the desired response from the system. This is called macro defining; it is quite instrumental in getting the customized experience right for the gamer.
Better polling rates
The response time of the mouse click from the system is pretty crucial, especially in the first person shooter gaming genres. The response time or the polling rate is better in the case of the gaming mice. Also, some of the high-end mice allow the user to adjust this polling rate according to the type of the game being played.
While available only in the advanced models, adjustable weight feature comes in pretty handy while acclimatizing for different games. Some games require quick hand movement and motion which is facilitated by less weight, while some games require stable handling which could be easily attained by a heavier version.
Many people opt for gaming mice instead of regular mice even for the daily activities. This is because the gaming mice come with an added amount of features and buttons which allow the user to get rid of unnecessary lookout for the keyboard shortcuts. The extra buttons on the mouse can be clubbed to do things like selecting all the content on the screen without having to slide the mouse or dabbing the keyboard shortcuts.
Types Of Gaming Mouse
This is the most preferred mouse for the heavy duty gamers. This mouse uses a light source to receive and reflect a response to the movement by the user. Usually, this is the only type of mouse that is allowed in the gaming sessions as it does not require to be placed and moved discretely at the center of the pad but can be operated even at the cross hairs.
The resolutions of the variants of this type are lower i.e. up to 2000 DPI. These are relatively cheaper and hence find extra favors amongst the heavy users.
This mouse is prominent amongst the casual gamers and for other usages like graphical designing. It does not use a light source for movement reception and thus can be used on more surfaces than the optical variants. It allows the user to work with better sensitivity towards movement and is thus pretty helpful in creating intricate models and designs. Laser mouse can have resolutions as high as 6000 DPI and therefore are usually expensive than the optical variants.
How to choose the best gaming mouse?
There are a lot of options in the gaming mice, and therefore it becomes important for the buyer to choose the most suitable option according to their respective requirements. There are several factors involved in the selection process. Here is the list of some of the most prominent features that are required to be kept in mind.
AS in the contemporary times, the usage durations of the mice are longer than earlier; this makes it essential for the user to choose an option that fits their palm size. Longer usage durations entail sweat buildup which is avoided by the better designing. Also, improper design leads to the hands tiring pretty quickly and therefore won’t allow the user to have an easy run of the palm.
High precision sensor
Usually, all the major gaming mice come with an on the fly DPI change feature which is important as not all games can be played with the same sensitivity and not every setting is favorable for all individuals. Higher DPI means better control and responsiveness to the game, and a lower value means better stability.
Macros and programmable keys
The ease to maneuver in the game is pretty helpful in getting the best experience. The definition of macros and the ease to change the existing macros allow the gamer to feel free while executing tricks and maneuvers in the games.Also, the programmable keys help in extending the ease of handling the game. It is better if these keys are independently programmable as when dependent their effects too aren’t that credible.
The response timing has direct implications on the experience from the game. Good response timing means that the hand motions are accurately and timely translated on the screen. This is important as in the high-end games, there is not that much time to respond, and the gamer has to decide the course of action and act on it pretty swiftly.
Physical factors in choosing the correct mouse
The gamers shall decide on the favored weight of the mouse according to the preferred type of the games. Some games do not require multiple lifting like the racing games, therefore, the mouse shall have some stable weight on it. Shooter games require constant movement of the mouse, and thus the mouse being used shall be light weight. Many high-end mice come with adjustable weights to accommodate all kinds of users. It is wise to pick up these as well if pricing is not the biggest deciding variable.
The cords being used shall be durable and not prone to intertwining as it is really hard to manage a game in this condition. The wrong cords end up draining the batteries quickly as well as lagging response time.
After taking care of all these requisites and then comparing the features of the devices with the desirable ones, there is every possibility that a gamer can find a suitable match for their requirements. One of the best gaming mice is the Razer DeathAdder Chroma for its ergonomic design, hyperesponse buttons and advanced optical sensors. Go for it and enjoy the world of gaming.