Table of Contents
- Benefits of getting a portable generator
- List of 10 Best Portable Generator Reviews
- 1. DuroMax XP4400E 4,400 Watt 7.0 HP OHV 4-Cycle Gas Powered Portable Generator
- 2. DuroStar DS4000S 4,000 Watt 7.0 HP OHV 4-Cycle Gas Powered Portable Generator
- 3. Yamaha EF2000iS 2,000 Watt 79cc OHV 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator
- 4. DuroMax XP10000E 10,000 Watt 16 HP OHV 4-Cycle Gas Powered Portable Generator
- 5. All Power America APG3014 2,000 Watt 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Generator
- 6. WEN 56352 Gas Powered Portable Generator
- 7. Powermate PM0497000.04 8,750 Watt 389cc 13HP Honda GX390 Gas Powered Portable Generator
- 8. Hyundai HY2000si 2200-Watt Portable Inverter Generator
- 9. Champion Power Equipment 46539 4,000 Watt 196cc 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Generator
- 10. Generac 5943 GP7500E 9,375 Watt Generator with Electric Start
- How To Choose A Portable Generator?
Having a portable generator can prove invaluable in many situations. That said, you don’t want to spend a fortune on a generator, and don’t need to. There are many options for great value generators that won’t break your bank, and can still provide all the features of a more expensive generator.
There are a number of important factors that determine what makes a good portable generator. Obviously price is important, but it’s not the only thing to consider. By nature, a generator must be exceptionally reliable, as it is often used in a “back up” situation. The amount of noise the generator makes is also important, and can vary greatly between generators. A noisy generator can disrupt your family or neighbours, and is a great way to disturb the peace on a camping trip in the wilderness.
Benefits of getting a portable generator
A portable generator should be in every family’s home. They are great for back up support in all different kinds of situations. Whether it is a natural disaster, a medical emergency – or you need to plug in your phone charger on a camping trip, portable generators come in handy and can sometimes even save lives.
It is a common occurrence that when a natural disaster comes to town, power goes out. This can be a hurricane, a flood, a tornado, whatever the disaster, a portable generator can help save your life. You can plug in phone chargers to call for help or a stove to feed you and your hungry neighbors. Natural disasters happen frequently, so it is best to stay safe by having back up support.
When the power goes out, some people who rely on machines to live and breath may be out of luck. However, a portable generator can provide that peace of mind that you may need to know that nothing like that will ever happen to you.
When traveling around the world, you may find that a portable generator is great for back up support. You can plug in your phone charger if you have run out of battery or you can plug in your air conditioning if the weather is too hot. A lot of people enjoy using portable generators in their RVs while they sleep to connect their devices so they do not have to waste gas or electricity.
It is that time of year again to plan the camping trips. A portable generator will be your best friend during camping trips as they provide great back up support. You can take a plug-in grill with you and grill some sausages and burgers for your guests.
Everyone hates when the power goes out. And unless you are an electrician you can’t do much but wait until the power comes back on. This can take hours, days or even weeks depending on the circumstances. Having a back up portable generator is great for you to have that peace of mind that you will not be left in the dark. With your portable generator you can connect your alarm clock, your phone, and your stove to feed your family, wake up on time and not loose contact with the world.
List of 10 Best Portable Generator Reviews
1. DuroMax XP4400E 4,400 Watt 7.0 HP OHV 4-Cycle Gas Powered Portable Generator
Some companies provide basic portable generators for your power needs, but there are those that will provide you with all the bells and whistles you’ll ever want in a portable generator. One good example of the latter is the DuroMax XP4400E. Let’s take a look at what this generator has to offer.
- DuroMax XP4400E front sideAll the features are designed to provide for any sort of power need in the easiest way possible. The 3500 running watts is more than sufficient, and the 4400 peak enables me to use lots of appliances without experiencing any problem.
- The electric start is also very convenient; turning it on is like starting a car. And even if the battery is uncharged, the backup manual start is quite reliable. Once it starts, it works seamlessly. It comes with a spark arrestor and a muffler, which makes it suitable for outdoor use.
- The DuroMax XP4400E is built to last, and the manufacturer’s attention to detail is evident right from the start. Instead of the rather flimsy packaging and padding I expected, I found high-quality cardboard, thick molded foam padding, and even special shipping braces to ensure that it’s undamaged when the item arrived. That kind of care can be seen on the product itself.
- The front panel is well-organized and it’s got a very clean layout for switches and plugs. It comes with sturdy tires that can handle all types of terrain, from sand and gravel to grass and dirt. I don’t have to suffer from back strain when I move it, since the hand grips are ergonomically designed. They even have strong rubber grips that prevent any slippage, and they also feel nice in my hands.
- The noise it makes is also not a problem. At just 69 decibels, it’s only as loud as the sound from my TV, due to the extra-efficient muffler and quiet exhaust. There’s also a spark arrestor, which makes it safe to use even in parks.
- DuroMax XP4400E back sideIt took me quite a while to think about what I don’t like about this generator. Eventually, I did realize that for all the robust design of the DuroMax XP4400E, it’s still best used as an emergency generator. You may want to think about another brand if you are going to use it regularly.
- California residents may also have to think about getting another brand, since it doesn’t comply with CARB regulations.
2. DuroStar DS4000S 4,000 Watt 7.0 HP OHV 4-Cycle Gas Powered Portable Generator
If you enjoy going camping, traveling across the country in your RV or you love spending weekends at your vacation home and away from the noisy city, then you most likely need a reliable generator to account for the worst. On the other hand, it does not hurt to have a generator in your home because storms and bad weather that can always lead to a power outage. And, nothing fits the aforementioned description better than the DS4000S generator from DuroStar.
Available in a compact design and offering extra portability, this gas fueled generator is a great device to keep most of your household appliances up and running for 8 consecutive hours. Not only will it keep the power running so you can finish your chores, but it will also operate quietly so it does not disturb you from your tasks. Let’s find out more about the features of this generator.
Features of DuroStar DS4000S
- 7.0 horsepower air-cooled overhead valve engine, EPA approved
- Integrates a recoil start capable of running approximately 3,300 watts of power constantly
- Includes two 3-prong outlets for supplying power for all household appliances and one outlet for high-power tools
- The outlets run on 120 volts 20 amps
- Incorporates a 4 gallon fuel tank and runs for 8 hours at half capacity
- Compared to other generators found on the market, this model runs impressively quiet thanks to its heavy duty, four-point isolated steel frame and muffler
- The silent operation mode (69 decibels rating) is also ensured by the super-quiet muffler
- Comes with an automatic shut down feature for the moments when it runs out of oil
- If you need extra portability for the DS4000S model, then you can order it with the optional wheel kit
- It is covered by 1 year limited warranty
- For starters, what impresses about this DuroStar model is that even though it is made of quality materials and integrates features similar to more expensive generators, it is highly affordable. Essentially, if you were to compare it with other models, you will definitely conclude that this is the best price-power ratio you can obtain.
- In addition, most customers have been pleased with the fact that, during operation, the DS4000S is extremely quiet and you have complete control over it. If you have owned a generator before, then you know very well just how noisy these devices can be at times. However, thanks to the muffler as well as the isolation around the mounts, this model is as quiet as it gets.
- A further benefit that makes the DS4000S stand out in the crowd consists of the EZ-Pull recoil start that is especially designed to get the generator running quickly and smoothly. To put it simply, the recoil start mechanism does not entail an electric start, an element that also implies that you will not have any trouble with the installation. It is as simple as adding oil and pulling the cord before the generator is up and running.
- Moreover, the vast majority of customers have been very pleased with the automatic low-oil shut down feature, since it is an excellent method to prevent frying the engine when you forget about it for extended periods of time.
- It is important to note that the DS4000S model cannot be sold to customers living in California, as it is not CARB-compliant, according to the state’s legislation. What most customers have complained about is the fact that the generator does not incorporate wheels by default, an inconvenient aspect if you were to account for the 90 pounds of the device. Nonetheless, if you really need a lot of portability from the unit, then you should also purchase the optional wheel kit available with the DS4000S generator.
3. Yamaha EF2000iS 2,000 Watt 79cc OHV 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator
Since I love traveling across the country in my RV, I’ve always been looking for a reliable generator to keep my basic appliances up and running. However, I must confess that because I don’t really have that much space in my RV, I was also looking for a generator with a compact and lightweight design so I can move it around according to my passengers’ requirements.
My search was finally over when I ran across the Yamaha EF2000iS model, a generator that does not only fit in the aforementioned description, but also operates quietly so I can easily take a nap whenever I’m tired without turning it off. In addition, I was also happy to discover that it integrates several fuel economy options, features that I found very useful especially nowadays when the prices of gas are constantly on the rise. Let’s review the features that deem this generator a good investment for RV fans and other type of users.
Features of Yamaha EF2000iS
- This generator can safely run electronic devices with built-in microcomputers thanks to its Inverter System with PWM control
- The Auto-decompression system ensures the easy start of the device
- It weights around 44 pounds, while its compact design makes it easy to transport
- This model is among the safest gas-fueled generator thanks to the integrated USFS-approved spark arrestor feature
- The Super-Quiet Muffler ensures a silent operation (it emits around 51.5 dBA)
- The noiseless operation as well as fuel economy is guaranteed by the Smart Throttle function
- On the topic of fuel consumption, this is one of the few models that can run for more than 10 hours while in Economy mode
- The 79cc OHV engines include a cast iron cylinder liner that guarantees an extended lifespan and long-term efficiency
- The engines of this Yamaha device are powerful and can run at 1,600 watts (although it is rated with a maximum of 2,000 watts)
- The model incorporates an OilWatch warning system, a feature that does not only ensure the safe running of the generator, but also helps prevent damage to the engine
- The DC outlet is standard, meaning that the 8amp 12V outlets for charging the batteries will do just fine
- In the eventuality that you have to account for the power of an entire household, then you can also order the TwinTech capability, a feature that permits you to connect two similar Yamaha generators together for a maximum output of 3,600 watts of power
- It is CARB compliant
- The maximum fuel capacity is of 1.11 gallons
- This generator is covered by two years of warranty
- First of all, customers were more than pleased with the fact that this generator is safe to use with sensitive household appliances, such as a laptop, a mobile phone or a tablet. This extraordinary achievement has been made possible by its Inverted System with Pulse Width Modulation control, a mechanism that guarantees a consistent flow of current and stabilized power. Therefore, if you know that you need to use high-tech, sensitive devices during power outages, opt for a reliable inverted generator like this Yamaha model, as otherwise the fluctuations in voltage can ruin your smartphones, laptops, notebooks, so on and so forth.
- Even though some customers have been unhappy with the fact that they received the Yamaha generator without engine oil, it is important to note that this is mostly due to shipping safety policies. Besides, in order to fill the container you will require a quarter of the standard 4 stroke engine oil and, if you follow the instructions provided in the user manual, you will be done filling it up in no time.
4. DuroMax XP10000E 10,000 Watt 16 HP OHV 4-Cycle Gas Powered Portable Generator
If you always wanted to have a reliable, powerful and versatile generator that you can turn to whenever you have to get things done during a power outage, then it’s time you learned more about the XP10000E model from DuroMax. Let’s start with the features!
Features of DuroMax XP10000E
- While this generator can run at 8,000 watts continuously, it is important to note that it can boast an 10,000 watts maximum surge output
- The rather high voltage it operates at makes this unit a great choice for very large homes as well as the ideal solution for construction sites where you need to use heavy tools
- Even though it is powerful, you will be glad to learn that the generator comes in a compact design and measures only 48″ x 40″ x 48″ when it is used along with the wheels and handle kit
- The engines of this DuroMax unit sports 16 HP, is air cooled OHV and operates quietly at a comfortable 72 decibels sound level
- The noiseless operation of the generator is also ensured by the Super Quiet muffler as well as the four-point fully isolated motor mounts
- The fuel tank capacity is of 8.3 gallons, while the main fuel type used (and recommended) is gasoline
- The device incorporates a fuel protection system that automatically shuts the generator off when you run out of oil, a function that will also protect the engine in the long run
- The DuroMax generator is extremely reliable and can hold up for approximately 10 hours while operating at half its capacity
- For safety reasons, the generator integrates a dual amplifier circuit breaker, an important feature to avert overloads
- As previously mentioned, the generator is equipped to be reliable for residential purposes (two 120V, 20-amp outlets) as well as commercial uses (one 120/240V, 30-amp twist lock outlet)
- The unit comes with one 120/240V outlets, 50-amp outlet especially for heavy duty power tools
- This DuroMax generator is highly convenient and includes two distinct starting methods, namely electrical starting and the recoil manual start
- In case you need more portability, you can order it with the wheel and handle kit which can be used on any terrain thanks to its pneumatic wheels and flip-up handle
- This amazing generator benefits from one year of limited warranty
- In all honestly, most of the customers who decided to check this generator out did it because of its affordable cost, which is $300 – $400 less than the other units with similar features. Nonetheless, nobody came to regret this decision and in fact, clients were satisfied with the performance of the DuroMax model. First off, they were impressed with the fact that the generator can run up to ten hours at half capacity, a period that is usually more than enough to finish any task you scheduled for that day. In addition, this model integrates five different power outlets, an all-terrain handle kit and two distinct starting modes, three elements that make it extremely versatile.
- It is important to note that because this model is not CARB-compliant, it cannot be shipped to California. Nonetheless, EPA’s approval ensures that this DuroMax generator can be safely operated in 49 US states. Other than this inconvenience, users have reported minor issues associated with the generators, most of them related to the fact that the legs and battery connections are contra-intuitive and hence, the assembly process might take longer than expected for first-time buyers or customers with limited knowledge on generators.
5. All Power America APG3014 2,000 Watt 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Generator
Irrespective of how reliable your power utility company has been in the past several years, it never hurts to have an emergency power source in your home for when disasters strike. Following is a review of an affordable generator that is especially designed to help you cope with extreme situations, the All Power America APG3014 generator.
Features of All Power America APG3014
- The generator can operate at 1,400 watts continuously and 2,000 watts surge
- It incorporates a 3 horsepower 4 –stroke OHV engine
- The noise level while it is running does not exceed 65 decibels, so it is a relatively quiet generator considering its power
- It can run continuously for approximately nine hours at half its capacity
- It is lightweight (weighs around 54 pounds) and comes in a compact design (the unit measurements being 8.5″ x 14.2″ x 15.4″), so you can easily move it around or fit it in the trunk of your car if you are going camping
- The generator integrates three outlets, one with 12V output and two more 120V AC outlets
- The fuel tank has a capacity of 1.32 gallons, while the main fuel type is unleaded gasoline, which you can easily find at the local gas station
- The starting mechanism is a start recoil system
- While it is not CARB compliant (illegal in the state of California), this model is EPA approved
- Includes a low oil shutdown safety feature that will turn down the engine when it is almost out of fuel in order to protect the unit
- The generator is covered by one year limited warranty
- Perhaps the biggest advantage of this All Power America model resides in its price, since let’s face it, you will not find an effective emergency power source under $300 dollars so easily these days. In addition to the small price, the unit is also available in a compact design so you do not have to allocate too much space in the trunk of your car, an element which makes it the ideal choice for anyone who enjoys going camping. In fact, as one of the customers pointed out, in most cases, this generator will take less space than your packed-up tent and sleeping bag put together!
- A further strong point of this model is its quiet operation system that ensures you can have a conversation or take a nap while it is running. Considering that it emits around 65 decibels, it does not mean that you will not hear it running, but rather that the noise level is far from what you could call loud and annoying.
- Furthermore, unlike the standard two-stroke generators widely available on the market, this model is a four-stroke unit that comes with its unique proprietary advantages. From the dedicated lubrication system for increasing the parts’ lifespan and providing an enhanced run-time to utilizing cheaper fuel that is also safe for the environment, these are just a few of the factors that ensure you will not regret investing in this generator. Speaking of eco-friendly operating, it is necessary to mention that besides the lower amounts of exhaust gas, this model also guarantees significantly less hydrocarbons leaks.
- Lastly, in spite of the price of this model, most customers are satisfied with its long run-time. Essentially, you can be certain it will supply you with power for almost 10 hours while operating at 50% capacity. All that with just a full 1.32 gallon tank!
- The biggest issue reported with this All Power America so far consists of the fact that in case you need to repair it, you can only do that at the manufacturer’s specific service centers. Therefore, in case you have trouble finding their service centers on the web, the best approach is to contact the manufacturer or the customer service department and ask about the closest center to your area.
6. WEN 56352 Gas Powered Portable Generator
A portable generator is good for many things. You can use it on long hikes and camping trips so that you don’t need to worry about electric power if you brought a few appliances and mobile devices. You can also use them for emergencies situations as well. So, if you’re looking for a dependable generator, then you’ll want to get the WEN 56352 portable generator.
- The WEN 56352 is a versatile machine that powers quite a few important appliances, whether it’s for an emergency, a job site, or a hiking trip. The 3000 running watts it offers should be enough even for power-hungry appliances, and the power indicator tells you when it’s working, so you don’t need to look at a meter every time. The automatic low oil shutdown feature is also a nice touch, as it can prevent damage to the engine when owners don’t check the oil level regularly. Of course, it’s worth mentioning that the noise it generates is also fairly tolerable, as it’s quieter than the music you play in your living room.
- There are quite a few things I absolutely like about this generator, aside from the fact that it can give me the power I need for my freezer and for my phones whenever there’s a power outage.
- For one, it’s easy to assemble. All the tools you’ll need are part of the purchase, including the nice self-locking fasteners. The manual start only needs a couple of pulls, and often a single pull does the trick. Then you’re all set to power your essential appliances at your leisure.
- Next, it can work for days at a time with no problem, so I’m covered when any emergency power outage occurs. It’s also great for outdoor events like parties and barbecues.
- As for the weight, the hundred pounds or so doesn’t pose any problems because of the convenient wheel kit, which allows me to move it wherever I want, easily enough. It really is as portable as advertised, which is surprising. We all know that advertising isn’t always accurate!
- Perhaps the only complaint that can be made about the WEN 56352 is that it doesn’t comply with the stringent air pollution standards set by CARB (California Air Resource Board).
7. Powermate PM0497000.04 8,750 Watt 389cc 13HP Honda GX390 Gas Powered Portable Generator
Once I’ve been diagnosed with sleep apnea, my family and I thought that our camping days are over. After all, it is rather difficult to go camping and sleep in a tent when you need to use your CPAP machine as well. Even though I’ve suggested that they go camping without me because I simply cannot get some shut eye without my machine, they insisted that it just isn’t the same. Therefore, after trying out several car-fridge battery packs unsuccessfully and noticing that the commercial solution are way out of my budget, I started doing some research and finally found an efficient solution, the Powermate PM0497000.04 generator.
Needless to say that after investing in this amazing generator not only could I engage in the most wonderful adventures with my loved ones, but the entire camping experience changed completely for us. In addition to my CPAP device, we also decide to get a comfortable RV and enjoy our time outdoors across the country as often as we can. Without further ado, let’s review the features, customer ratings, advantages and disadvantages of this powerful Powermate generator model.
Features of Powermate PM0497000.04
- The reliability of this models is ensured by the power and trustworthiness of the 13 horsepower OHV Honda engine
- This robust GX390 engine benefits from several advantages, the most notable ones comprising of the high durability and protection system of the engine, low noise level and the fuel efficiency mechanism
- The displacement capacity of the engine is of 389 cubic centimeters
- It integrates an automatic shut down mechanism that turns off the machine before the oil is sufficiently low to damage the engine
- The control panel incorporates five distinct outlet, four of them addressing light duties (120V outlets) and one dedicated for heavy power tools (120/240V with a twist lock outlet and an amp circuit breaker protection)
- The generator has an outstanding performance, considering that it is running at 7,000 normally and can reach a maximum surge of 8,750 watts safely
- This model equips an Automatic Voltage Regulator for enhanced protection and additional control
- The unit integrates an 8 gallon fuel tank with a gauge and the main fuel comprises of gasoline
- While operating at half of its capacity, this Powermate model ensures that your household/camping site/construction site will have power for the next 10 hours (although a few customers reported a 12 hours continuous running of the generator)
- It is available in a compact design, measuring 24,2″ x 21″ x 31.2″
- Even though the generator can be considered heavy (it weighs approximately 200 pounds), it comes with a portability kit
- The portability kit includes dual folding handles and 10 inches pneumatic wheels that allow you to move it on any type of terrain
- Covered by 2 years of limited warranty
- Despite the fact that most of the features incorporated in this models can be considered trump cards, customers have been especially pleased with the Automatic Voltage Regulator Feature as well as the circuit breaker mechanism, both of which can easily prevent overloads and short circuits.
- Although it packs an incredibly powerful and reliable engine, this Powermate model has the minor setback that it is not CARB compliant and hence, it is not available in California.
8. Hyundai HY2000si 2200-Watt Portable Inverter Generator
Since this year I’m celebrating 10 years of tailgating with my friends, I decided to make it a special event and add a small LCD TV to the picture. After two weeks of shopping around I finally bought the Hyundai Hy2000si inverted generator. While I must confess that I was mostly attractive by the price, the truth is that I discovered soon enough that I have made an overall good choice.
Features of Hyundai HY2000si 2200-Watt Portable Inverter Generator
- This Hyundai model yields a performance of 2,000 watts and can reach a peak power of 2,200 watts
- The unit is perhaps the most lightweight generator on the market, weighing around 69 pounds
- In addition to lightweight, the generator also comes in a compact design and it measurements are 22.6″ x 20.7″ x 13″
- Even though it is light and ergonomic, it packs a powerful 3.8 horsepower, 550RPM motor
- It incorporates three outlets, namely the 12V AC and two standard 120V outlets
- The 12V outlet makes this generator a great choice for users always on the road and that need to charge the batteries for various devices
- The 12V outlet integrates a Smart Power mechanism, which makes the generator safe to use with computers and sensitive electronics
- In addition, along with the generator customers will also receive the auto battery charge cables, an useful addition that will save you both time and money
- The capacity of the fuel tanks is of 1.85 gallons whilst the recommended fuel consists of unleaded gasoline
- The HX53 engine is based on a 4 stroke mechanisms, so you do not have to worry about emissions
- In spite of the fact that it is included in the no-CARB compliant list for the state of California, it is necessary to mention that this generator meets the Canadian emissions standards
- The running time of this Hyundai model is estimated at around 5:30 hours at half its capacity
- The generator is relatively silent while operating, as noise level does not exceed 65 decibels
- The quiet operation of the Hyundai models is ensured by the 3 mm Polypropylene frame, exhaust system and the muffler
- It packs a low oil indicator warning system that shuts down the generator when it is almost out of oil in order to protect the engine
- Another noteworthy safety mechanism is the circuit breaker that prevents short circuits and overloads
- The starting mechanism comprises of manual pull cord (recoil)
- The generator is covered by two years of limited warranty
- The Hyundai HY2000si is among the best low priced inverted generators on the market, considering that more often than not, devices with similar features typically cost a few hundred dollars more. In fact, if you are currently shopping around for an inverted generator, you will notice plenty of models in a higher price range that have received a bundle of bad reviews.
- A trump card of the model consists of its ability to produce a clean alternative power source, a feat made possible by its 4 stroke engine as well as the exhaust mechanism. Let’s not forget that this Hyundai model has been approved in Canada. Lastly, the built-in inverter is an all-time customer favorite element, since they do not have to worry about problems while using sensitive electronics anymore.
- In addition to not being available for residents of California, the reported drawback for this model was that it is relatively louder compared to other Hyundai models. However, since the noise level does not go exceed 65 decibels, relatively loud in this context implies that you will be able to hear its engine while it is operating and not that it is deafening.
9. Champion Power Equipment 46539 4,000 Watt 196cc 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Generator
Only a few electrical generators can boast the level of versatility provided by the 46539 unit developed and manufactured by Champion Power Equipment and even fewer have such a ridiculously low price. In all honesty, the unit seamlessly combines an incredible amount of surge/running power with great fuel efficiency and running convenience to bring you one of the most reliable electrical generators on the market. While it is fairly true that it doesn’t run on propane, the good news is that the gasoline based engine has brilliantly passed all the standard verifications and it is approved for operating all across the United States. Let’s glance at the main features.
Features of Champion Power Equipment 46539
- The 196 cc OHV motor of the unit sports a max of 6.5 HP and operates at 3,600 RPM
- The running power of the 46539 model is 3,500W while the max surge power is 4,000W
- Produces single phase AC current at 120V and on 60 Hz frequencies
- The fuel capacity of the Champion Power Equipment 46539’s tank is 3.8 gallons (recommended fuel for the generator is unleaded, 85+ octane, 10% or less ethanol gasoline)
- Capacity of the oil chamber is 0.64 quarts (suggested oil type is SAE 10W-30)
- The unit can be turned on/off via button, pull cord (recoil) and remote control (RF signal)
- The automated choke feature guarantees a quick, first time start for your power generator for maximum convenience
- The Inteligauge panel will display details such as frequency of the current, voltage, hours of functioning, etc
- The fuel gauge shows users the amount of fuel left in the tank
- The accumulator powering the on/off switch is 12V/9Ah
- The 46539 model is equipped with a low oil level sensor for engine protection
- The unit is encased within a 1 inch robust tubular framework constructed from steel alloys
- It will operate non-stop for up to 12 hours on a single fuel tank (half load)
- The outlets of the unit include 1 x Twistlock outlet (120V), 1 x TT30R outlet for RVs (120V) and 2 x Duplex outlets (120V)
- The operating noise levels of the power generator will not exceed 68 dB
- The dimensions of the unit are 27.2 inches in length, 24.2 inches in width and 23.6 inches in height, weighing approximately 140 pounds (empty tank)
- Highly portable thanks to the 8 inch wheels
- The package also includes the spark arrestor, the oil funnel and sufficient oil for the first time and the spark plug socket
- One of the principle highlights of the 46539 model is its engine’s compliance with standards like CARB and EPA (fuel emission), which makes this generator usable in all states across the US, unlike most gasoline based generators. Furthermore, the achievements of the engine don’t stop here, because the ability to run uninterrupted for up to 12 hours is an industry peak.
- Next off, the remote control start of the unit is a feature that you will rarely see in electrical generators within this price range. It is also necessary to point out that the remote operates on RF signals, which implies that you can control the 46539 from up to 80 feet away.
- Lastly, the compact dimensions and the portability, the power generator and the safety feature come together brilliantly to paint the picture of one of the most functional and versatile units on the market.
- Other than scarce issues related to damage during transportation, no actual problems have been reported.
10. Generac 5943 GP7500E 9,375 Watt Generator with Electric Start
Generac is one of the most respectable brands in the field of electricity generators and similar appliances. The company has been in business for over half a decade and has received numerous awards for their innovative devices as well as the workplace satisfaction of the employees over the years.
In fact, Generac is the first company to produce a revolving field generator based on in-house technology. The 5943 GP7500E is one of the most successful products of the company and it is also among the most powerful generators in their inventory. Versatility, low-noise levels and feasibility represent only a few of the highlights of this model, as you are about to find out.
Features of Generac 5943 GP7500E
- The Generac 5943 GP7500E is capable of outputting 7,500W of continuous power as well as a max 9735W surge power
- The unit operates on a smooth 410 cc OHV motor incorporating pressurized lubrication technology designed to effectively transport the oil
- The 5943 GP7500E is equipped with oil monitoring sensors with the role of determining when the levels are running dangerously low and avoiding motor damage
- High quality mufflers have been imbedded in the unit to decrease operating noise
- The external tube casing is constructed from heavy duty steel alloys for extra protection
- The fuel tank of the Generac 5943 GP7500E unit is also constructed from durable steel and presents a fuel meter
- The maintenance meter will help users determine when it is time to perform this operation
- The never flat wheel system in conjunction with the foldable handlebars confer the generator extra portability in spite of its weight
- The outlets include overload protection via the circuit breakers
- The 5943 GP7500E has 4 x 120V outlets and 1 x 120V/240V twist-locking outlet
- Electric starting system as well as pull cord recoil backup starter (accumulator is included in the package)
- The manufacturer’s warranty for the Generac 5943 GP7500E generator is of 2 years
- This unit measures approximately 28 3/4 inches in length, 26 3/4 inches in width and 19 3/4 inches in height, with a total weight of 201 pounds (empty tank)
- The capacity of the GP7500E’s tank is 8 gallons
- The high point of the unit is its surge/continuous power capabilities, which greatly exceeds the standard of residential backup power generators. In other words, the 9,375W surge power ensures that you will experience no problems in starting up more pretentious appliances, whereas the typical 7,500W running power is more than you will ever need to run them at optimal capacity for up to 8 hours.
- The construction of the casing and the motor as well as the materials utilized ensure that the 5943 GP7500E is one tough generator capable to withstand harsh weather conditions for many years. At the same time, all outlets have covered safeguards for extra shielding against the elements. And, as if that was not enough, the 2 year warranty of the model ensures you are covered in case of malfunctions.
- The Generac 5943 GP7500E is not CARB compliant, which means that residents of California are not allowed by the state legislation to purchase or utilize these generators.
How To Choose A Portable Generator?
There are many reasons why you might like to invest in a portable generator, being able to light up your home during a power cut being just one. A portable generator is great not just for those emergencies in and around the home but can be the perfect accompaniment to a camping trip or for when you need to cut your power supply to carry out work on your home.
When purchasing a portable generator it is important to choose the correct model for your needs. There are a few points that you need to take into consideration, the most important being listed below. A portable generator is not a cheap investment for your home or business, so it pays to take time to make sure that you buy the best priced and most efficient model for your requirements.
Firstly, you need to consider the wattage of the generator that you intend to buy. The lower the wattage the more economical your machine will be. However, the wattage you choose for your purchase will depend on what you intend to use your generator for. For example, a generator that works to power a city in a black out has to be considerably more powerful than one that you simply wish to take with you on a camping trip.
To calculate the necessary wattage for your machine you can access one of many online tools and calculators. The calculation is quite simply and involves you adding together the wattages of the appliances you intend to run. When purchasing such a machine it is indeed important that it s wattage requirements are sufficient, purchasing slightly on the higher size always being a good idea. Make sure you include all appliances that you intend to run simultaneously to obtain an accurate answer.
The second key issue to address when purchasing a portable generator is the fuel usage and run time. Each individual model will come with a stated fuel usage as well as a run time and you will need to gauge whether they are sufficient to your needs or not. There is little point in buying a cheaper model of generator if its fuel capacity and run time will not meet your expectations.
When comparing different generators and reading up on reviews you will find that both the fuel usage as well as the run time will be stated by the manufacturer. With these finding and the wattage of the model you will be able to determine which model is the most economical and also whether to choose standard gasoline or propane for your machine.
Lastly when choosing a portable generator you need to consider budget and price. Once you have a budget set you can shop around both online and in store to find the very best deal. An accurate comparison will require you to consider and compare all of the above; wattage, fuel consumption and price until you find the very best model for your needs.