Table of Contents
- List of 5 Best Snorkel Sets for Any Trip Reviews
- 1. Body Glove Lucent XP Snorkel Set ($$)
- 2. TUSA Sport Serene Snorkel Set ($$$)
- Top 4 Best Touring Kayak (2020 Reviews & Buying Guide)
- Top 4 Best Tandem Sit On Top Kayak (2020 Reviews & Buying Guide)
- Top 5 Best Inflatable Kayak (2020 Reviews & Buying Guide)
- 3. Promate Dry Snorkel Set ($$)
- 4. Cressi Gara Pro Snorkel Set ($$$$)
- 5. Aqualung Nautilus Snorkel Set ($$)
- How to Choose Snorkel Gear
- 5 Reasons to Pick Great Snorkel Gear
There are a few things you should look for in order to get the best deal and top quality snorkeling gear.
- Making sure the set has a warranty is a good idea in the event something happens and you have to return it for a refund or exchange. It’s easy for new snorkelers to tear silicone skirts that seal around the face, etc. This isn’t a deal breaker, but a good warranty is nice to have.
- Another thing to look for would be the brand because purchasing a top quality brand of snorkel gear ensures a safe and durable piece of equipment. It will last longer saving you money in the future and preventing you from having to buy another set.
List of 5 Best Snorkel Sets for Any Trip Reviews
1. Body Glove Lucent XP Snorkel Set ($$)
This is really a quality, comfortable, and reliable snorkeling set. It’s crafted with many great features that include:
- Long-blade fins
- Multi-flex, low volume mask
- Crystal silicone skirt
- Field of vision wide
- Dry snorkel technology
- Thrust channel technology, and more
This TUSA set also comes with a complete warranty, instructions for use, care and maintenance.
It is made to last long and enjoy many hours of use in the water. Provides a comfortable fit and available in adult sizes only.
About 75 percent of the people who have tried this product recommend the purchase to friends. This is the set to buy if you are a diver who wishes to have a wide field of view while underwater exploring.
- This snorkel set is crafted with soft and comfortable crystal silicone for a great fit under water.
- It offers the snorkeler a wide view with the mask.
- It is crafted well for traveling.
- The fins are designed to provide a lot of power, especially for its compact size.
- Fast shipping.
- Comes with a quality standard travel bag for easy transport and storage.
- Has a low volume design so when you are exploring the underwater world you will not scare off the marine life.
- This brand is not as popular as other brands being sold online, but for many online retailers, it is listed as a best seller. This snorkeling set is not eligible for international shipping but can be shipped anywhere in the nation. Adult sizes only. Lightweight crafted fins for more moving in the water. Only twenty percent of the people who have tried this set have a complaint.
3. Promate Dry Snorkel Set ($$)
This is another high-quality set that comes available quality features you will love. They include:
- Nylon mesh bag with a cord drawstring for easy travel and storage
- ProMate two-window Scuba Dive Mask for more durability under water
- Dry snorkel with signal whistle for safety and is of absolutely dry design. It has a silicone mouthpiece with a pre-curved design to prevent jaw fatigue.
- Comfortable fit along with a purge valve for easy draining.
- It is inexpensive and sturdy for long-lasting use. Has a strap easy adjustment.
- Mask style is great.
- Fins are adjustable.
- All the straps have buckles to remove them quickly and easily.
- Perfect for recreational snorkeling and available in different colors.
- Snorkel is wonderful and seals great.
- The snorkel has a valve that is easy to block when needing to clear the snorkel.
- Sizes are small, medium, medium-large and extra-large.
- Flippers are stiff and the bridge of the nose piece is very shallow. The mask frame size is small. Silicone gasket leaks. Snorkel has a strange design. Water can be blown out of the bottom if you get water in while being under the water. The mask leaks.
4. Cressi Gara Pro Snorkel Set ($$$$)
This highly advanced technological Cressi snorkel set is crafted for pro snorkelers. It is designed specifically for deep fishing and free-diving but is also one heck of a snorkel set.
Available in a complete package set that includes
- LD Freediving Fins
- Mask with Neoprene Strap
- Backpack for long blade fins
- Anti-fog drops.
- Mask can fit medium or large faces.
It’s more money but this mask is packed with some extra features:
- The skirt is designed with 100 percent liquid silicone.
- Has adjustable swiveling buckles and it is lightweight and offers a low profile.
- The snorkel has been designed to bend against objects in the water.
- The carry bag is designed with heavy-duty and PVC-coating nylon mesh on the front and sides and has adjustable shoulder straps which are padded for added comfort.
- The fins are ideal for covering long distances. If you are a pro snorkeler looking for a complete package, then this is certainly the one for you.
- The BEST snorkel set we’ve ever tried out.
- The fins are made of elastomer polypropylene for durability.
- It provides well-controlled fins flexibility.
- Sold as a best seller online and comes with a complete warranty and instructions for use and care too.
- Shipping is fast either standard or express and can be shipped anywhere in the nation. This complete set is all you need for a full snorkeling day.
- Snorkel is J type only. Face size for mask is only medium. Color is only available in black. Only a one year warranty, while some other brands offer three years warranty. Not shipped internationally. Adult only sizes.
5. Aqualung Nautilus Snorkel Set ($$)
This snorkel set ranks as a number one best seller online at Amazon and for good reasons. It is made to perform well.
- It has a silicone skirt and easy to adjust buckles adjustment.
- The semi-clear skirt will allow extra light in.
- Comes with a very soft, zip-up mask case for mask protection.
- The snorkel is designed to sit effortlessly in your mouth. It can be rolled up to fit inside the case. The fins are short and lightweight for travel and easy moving in the water.
- The fins are designed open-heel with adjustable straps for added fit and comfort.
The highlight of the Nautilus snorkeling set is the roll up and easily stowed snorkel. It can literally fit in your back pocket.
The complete set consists of eight pieces of gear. This snorkel set fits the requirements of all scuba instructors. Perfect for snorkeling every day.
- This snorkel set comes available in colors of Black, Blue, and Yellow.
- The snorkel length is 15″ when unfolded.
- Complete with a black snorkel keeper and designed with a flexible roll-up silicone for easy travel and storing.
- Comes with warranty, instructions for use and care and can be shipped to your home or office fast.
- The snorkel tube is oval for comfort and air flow (and for a smaller size when rolled)
- The mouthpiece is extremely soft and flexible.
- Works great as a backup snorkel for ocean dives.
- The plastic clip that holds the snorkel keeper is inadequate and it takes a bit of strength to roll it up and fit in the case. Colored part of the snorkel is very heavy. You must have something to attach it to your mask when you go snorkeling or it will fall off into the water. It is hard to get the mask on. Snorkel is fairly rigid. Changing the clip will allow this set to be a much better product. Only available in adult sizes.
How to Choose Snorkel Gear
As you may have gathered by now, snorkeling can only be enjoyed when you have on the right snorkeling gear. You have to know how to choose a snorkel gear that fits best for you.
What do you need for snorkeling?
The first step to choosing a snorkel gear is knowing exactly what you need for snorkeling in the first place. That way you can easily pick out which works best for you.
Basically, all you need for snorkeling is a fitting mask, a snorkel, and fins, and a carry bag.
A mask is fitted on your face with goggles that help you see underwater, the mask usually gives a thin layer of hair between your face and the water, a snorkel is a tube worn to aid you to breathe underwater, it comes with a mouthpiece, and a longer part of the tube that sticks out of the water to allow air flow, fins are worn on the feet to aid better movement underwater, they are made of plastic, rubber or in some cases a mix of both, and a carry bag is used to carry the mask, fun, and snorkel. You surely cannot carry all of these with your hands to the water. So basically this all you would need to enjoy snorkeling.
What would fit?
Find out which of the gears would fit.
Find a mask with a silicone seal( this is meant to keep the mask in place and avoid a situation whereby it slips off.) but most importantly find a mask that fits perfectly, for the sake of a good nose covering and a better goggles fitting.
Find a snorkel that fits just as well, find one with a lip gear that helps stop salt water from entering into your mouth, also the length of your snorkel depends on how deep into the water you intend to go, the deeper you go, the longer the snorkel, because no matter how deep you go, there has to be the end that sticks out of the water for the entrance of air.
Find also, fins that fit your feet, you seriously do not want fins that slip out of your feet, so when you go to get a pair of fins, make sure to wear them and then maybe walk around in them, so you can be sure if it fits perfectly.
Snorkeling is a great experience that should be enjoyed, and getting the best snorkeling gear makes the experience all the more beautiful. One precaution you should take is this; if where you’re snorkeling has cold waters, or perhaps you’re snorkeling in the autumn season, you should get a wet suit. Now, have an awesome snorkeling experience.
5 Reasons to Pick Great Snorkel Gear
Snorkeling can be a very good recreational activity when done the proper way. You might have longed to play some underwater sports like underwater hockey or underwater rugby. Probably, you are not the sporty type; and your fascination is with observing all underwater life forms in their natural habitat, then snorkeling is the right activity for you. It requires less equipment and gears compared to scuba diving, so it requires little or no training and is appropriate for both children and adults.
There appears to be a slight problem though; humans are not fishes. To snorkel therefore requires gears. There are three main snorkeling gears and they are; a properly fitted snorkeling mask, a snorkel and a set of snorkeling fins.
The usual mantra for venturing into any strange activity is safety first. As peaceful and beautiful the ocean appears to be, it can also be as dangerous if one doesn’t have the appropriate gear. A snorkeling mask protects the eyes from the side effects of having the bare eyes in a salty channel for too long. A snorkel helps prevent choking and getting water into your lungs.
With your snorkeling gear, you can have more fun. Without these gears, you cannot stay underwater for long, limiting the fun. Besides, when you don’t have to worry about choking and drowning, having fun becomes easier. Having a gear ensures that you can go snorkeling at any time. You can do it more and snorkeling gears are very long lasting.
Professional swimmers can account for how stressful staying in water can be, why else would swimming be a form of exercise? With snorkeling gears, you can maneuver in water easily. The snorkeling fin gives propulsion to your movement in water. Makes it easier to avoid damaging reef corals or dangerous aquatic life forms. No one wants to go home with an injury they can’t account for.
Ever imagined what it would be like to be a dolphin or any fish of your choice? With snorkeling gears, you can live your imagination. The masks provide clearer vision because the eyes can focus on objects better when something is keeping water away from it. Even people with eye defects have ones made for them. And if you are not comfortable without your glasses, there are masks that can accommodate them. With a snorkel itself, breathing underwater becomes easier. It helps pass air from above the surface right into the wearer’s mouth. Congratulations! You are now a fish.
You can do what you aim to do underneath when you’re comfortable. Even non-swimmers need not worry, they can also snorkel once they have a snorkeling gear. With a snorkel and a set of fins, you can propel enough buoyancy to stay afloat and not drown. So struggling to swim or breathe or see is out of the question. Snorkeling gears are provided for your comfort.
What did the pretty lady say to the lifeguard who asked if the man standing with her was her grandfather? “He’s my husband. He got all those wrinkles from snorkeling for six hours straight.” Snorkeling can definitely be fun, go get a snorkeling gear today and you can have a new best friend named Smithy the fish. Also, it is advised to learn the basics of swimming before extensive snorkeling.