Table of Contents
- Top 10 Best Home Pizza Ovens Reviews in 2020
- Top 6 Best Pasta Makers (2020 Reviews & Guide)
- Top 8 Best Stand Mixers Reviews in 2020 You Can Consider
- List of 5 Best Wine Cooler Reviews
- 1. IGLOO FRW312 30-Bottle Wine Collar with Digital Controls, Silver
- Key Features Of The IGLOO FRW312
- 2. Haier HVTEC12DABS 12-Bottle Dual Zone Curved Door with Smoked Glass Wine Cellar
- 3. SPT WC-31U Under-Counter 32-Bottle Wine and Beverage Cooler
- 4. Cava 36-Bottle Dual-Zone Thermoelectric Wine Credenza
- 5. Avanti Wine Cooler 12 Bottle Thermoelectric EWC 1201
- The Process Of Ageing Wine
- Wine Cooler Sizes
Wine coolers or refrigerators lower the temperature of a bottle (or bottles) of wine to a temperature ideal for maturing and/or consumption. They do so by using technology similar to modern refrigerators, but with modifications catering to the specific needs of la bouteille du vin(a bottle of wine).
Since wine refrigerators use the same technology as ordinary refrigerators, it is often asked why you would need to buy a cooler simply for wine.
One reason of course is space – stuffing your favorite bottles of red wine amidst the veggies and pizzas is going to create some real estate management issues for your fridge.
More importantly though, sommeliers have since at least the 18th Century known that wine requires a unique blend of humidity and low temperature. Ordinary refrigerators may be efficient in reducing temperature, but they are also equally efficient in removing humidity.
In the absence of humidity, the corks become dry and the aging process is distorted. Wine refrigerators on the other hand are designed to maintain humidity inside the product. In doing so, they keep the cork moist and allow aging to take place at a proper pace.
List of 5 Best Wine Cooler Reviews
1. IGLOO FRW312 30-Bottle Wine Collar with Digital Controls, Silver
As one of the pioneers in the cooler industry, IGLOO has over 60 years of experience producing quality refrigerators, coolers, and various other thermoelectric cooling solutions.
As a matter of fact, their products are claimed to be found in 3 out of every 4 households throughout the US!
Maintaining such dominance calls for adapting to the changing interests of customers. Therefore, it is not surprising to find IGLOO coming out with a 30-bottle wine cooler that aims to beat the competition in terms of both quality and price.
Speaking of quality, the company believes that the combination of an efficient thermoelectric cooling system, a large number of high-capacity racks, and a sleek but stylish exterior, will provide users with the best combination of utility and elegance.
- Good number of racks ensure 30-bottle capacity.
- Thermoelectric cooling avoids noise and vibrations.
- Good build quality and durable exterior.
- Accurate and useful temperature range for most variants of wine.
- Simple and easy-to-use controls.
- Unit supports only one temperature zone.
- Some users say the interior light is too dim.
Key Features Of The IGLOO FRW312
- 9 removable racks allow for storage of up to 30 bottles at a time.
- Racks are chrome-plated for easy cleaning and resistance against rusting.
- Thermoelectric cooling replaces noisy compressors for greater efficiency, lower noise and lesser vibrations.
- Large and thick glass door ensures adequate insulation and visibility.
- Soft interior lighting for easy operation without risk of UV exposure to wines.
- Durable and sleek metal exterior improves the appearance of your home/office.
Most users choose to place the qualities of the FRW312 wine fridge on a rather high pedestal.
Indeed, they noted that compared to other companies offering thermoelectric cooling with such a large bottle capacity, IGLOO managed to come up with a wine cooler that kept prices low while not compromising on any necessary features.
Coupled with its no-frills design and decent operability, these make this 30-bottle unit a good choice for people who need large storage capacities within a limited budget.
2. Haier HVTEC12DABS 12-Bottle Dual Zone Curved Door with Smoked Glass Wine Cellar
The Haier 12-Bottle HVTEC12DABS Wine Fridge is designed to keep you ready for the party! Have you ever had an unexpected visit from friends or family members, and wished you had some good wines on hand to offer them? Or maybe you would just like to have an adequate supply of reds and whites within arm’s reach for your own enjoyment.
This compact little cooler has been getting a lot of attention due to its chic look and multi-zone function. It’s easy to see why Haier is becoming a top name in a rapidly expanding market… and quickly! Are you the type of person who needs to know more?
Below you will find a complete review of what the HVTEC12DABS has to offer today’s discerning wine lover!
- Compact design ensures minimal wasting of space.
- 12-bottle capacity enough to accommodate most wine lovers’ needs.
- Dual temperature zones offer enhanced versatility.
- Product far quieter than compressor-driven units.
- Very low electricity costs (as calculated by users).
- Legs can be adjusted for precise levelling.
- Lights are present only in the top section, leaving the bottom dark.
Adequate bottle capacity, cutting-edge dual cooling technology, simple operation and maintenance, all combined with a justifiable price tag, give this wine fridge plenty of appeal for today’s wine lover.
I feel very confident in recommending it to consumers based the research I shared above.
So whether you want to be ready for the party, or would just like to keep your own wine collection close by to enjoy at the right temperature, the Haier 12-Bottle HVTEC12DABS is certainly worth consideration.
3. SPT WC-31U Under-Counter 32-Bottle Wine and Beverage Cooler
SPT, or Sunpentown, is one of the most popular home appliance brands based in the US. They utilize decades of experience to offer products ranging from air conditioners and dehumidifiers to fitness and lifestyle gadgets.
The SPT WC-31U is one of the latest additions to its extensive range of refrigeration products.
It incorporates cutting edge features like memory IC, integrated dehumidifier, multiple temperature sensors and most importantly, sufficient bottle capacity and temperature range.
Packed into a box so compact it can fit under the countertop, these coolers are meant to provide users an easily accessible and highly efficient means of storing a wide variety of wines while adding sophistication to the kitchen space.
- Product capacity sufficient for most users.
- Temperature range caters to a wide range of alcoholic beverages.
- Compact unit fits into most cabinet and countertop spaces.
- Easy controls and bright LED display allow for precise and convenient controls.
- Memory IC makes repetitive modification of settings unnecessary.
- No provision for two temperature zones.
- Product is a little noisy compared to others.
- Temperature range of 39-68 degrees Fahrenheit covers all variants of wine and also some other drinks like beer.
- 5 large racks and one smaller rack together hold 32 bottles of wine.
- Racks can be removed in order to clear space for storing large bottles and 6 packs of beer.
- LED control panel allows for easy control over temperature and operation cycle.
- Memory IC applies last settings automatically when the unit recovers from a power failure.
- Stainless steel frame improves the appearance of the counter/room.
- Security lock prevents inadvertent settings change.
- Double-pane glass door for adequate insulation.
While the lack of a second temperature zone might not satisfy users who wish to store a wide variety of wines in the same wine cooler, the product has very few other defects.
Instead, we find that the company has managed to provide the elusive combination of a decent cooling apparatus along with sufficient storage space.
With the controls being accurate and easy to operate, these easily make the SPT WC-31U an ideal companion to a person/family that truly cares about its wines.
4. Cava 36-Bottle Dual-Zone Thermoelectric Wine Credenza
Vinotemp International is a leading company providing multiple wine storage options for over 25 decades now. This company is a full-service provider for custom wood cabinets and wine racks, wine specific cooling systems, and a dealer of high quality wine metal cellars. They claim to specialize in almost every aspect of wine storage with emphasis on custom wine storage options.
Vinotemp is known for designing and creating exquisite wine storage options for any home or commercial venue like the hospitality industry and wine stores.
Whether the look is traditional, contemporary, or eclectic, Vinotemp can produce a wine cellar to meet your specific taste and storage requirements. They have a long heritage of experience in the field of wine storage.
Cava 36-Bottle Dual-Zone Thermoelectric Wine Credenza is an example of quality and experience.
- Removable racks with maximum capacity of 36 bottles ensure ample storage.
- 3 service compartments and 3 storage drawers for extra wine accessories.
- 2 separate cooling compartments with dual paned glass doors having different temperature controls.
- Thermoelectric cooling ensures noise free operation.
- The center compartment can hold up to 18 wine glasses.
- Some users have complaints about poor customer service.
- This is a ready-made product; the company does not provide any customization unlike its custom made products.
Key Features Cava 36-Bottle Dual-Zone Thermoelectric Wine Credenza
To preserve your wine collection, it is crucial that you store it at an optimum temperature which is approximately 55 degree Fahrenheit. The Cava dual-zone thermoelectric wine credenza has a stylish wooden exterior with the capacity to hold 36 wine bottles.
- Can be used for both storage and service.
- 2 different compartments for storage with independent temperature control rotary switch
- 3 storage drawers above storage compartments with 3 non removable pull-out serving shelves
- Wooden exterior available in Espresso finish or Rich Maple with 2 open compartment racks for hanging stemware
- Contemporary look with soft interior lighting
- Thermoelectric cooling technology which is quiet when in operation as it utilizes very few moving parts
- Temperature Range: 53°-64°F
The Cava 36-Bottle Dual-Zone Thermoelectric Wine Credenza is a good purchase at a decent price considering the good wine holding capacity and two different temperature compartments.
The contemporary look makes it a good piece of furniture to showcase your wine collection. There are only few wine coolers with combined features like drawers for accessory storage, glass storage and pull-out serving shelves.
5. Avanti Wine Cooler 12 Bottle Thermoelectric EWC 1201
With the EWC 1201 Avanti wine cooler, you get a simple solution to a common problem facing many consumers who have purchased similar products.
Where do I store an open bottle of wine that I did not finish?
Since the typical fridge is designed to store bottles on their sides, which is perfectly fine and beneficial for unopened selections, it isn’t an ideal position to keep opened wines chilled and ready for consumption at a later date.
The Avanti 12-Bottle wine cooler is both versatile and practical, providing many of the latest features and technology at a great price as well!
Take a look at the comprehensive review below to see exactly what I mean…
Based on the information above, we highly recommend this product for those who like to keep a relatively small collection of wines in their home or apartment.
Through my research, I’ve found the two most appealing factors to be its ability to store bottles both vertically and horizontally, as well as the affordable price tag.
It’s often hard to find good values in today’s economy, but the EWC 1201 Avanti Wine Cooler delivers versatility, function, and style to the marketplace.
The Process Of Ageing Wine
Speaking of ageing, this vital process is most often associated with wine cellars. Cellars are not merely larger versions of the cooler, but have certain specifications that are ideal for maturing wines over years and sometimes decades.
You should understand clearly that wine coolers are not a good option for long-term maturation of wines – wine cellars are the only solution for that. Instead, wine coolers would provide you with short-term to mid-term (a few months to a year) storage options with optimal cooling and maturation. Unless you are a professional sommelier or vineyard owner/wine stockist, you would probably never need the long-term benefits of a cellar.
Further, cellars are not designed for frequent access. The wine fridge on the other hand is meant to be opened multiple times a day. This allows the cooler to act as an excellent short-term solution for those who simply want to keep a bottle cool before opening it.
If storage is your primary concern, you’d be pleased to know that the temperature range offered by coolers is ideal for a wide range of beers and spirits. However, you should avoid storing spirits or beer along with wine as this would force you to make compromises on temperature.
Wine Cooler Sizes
Wine fridges do share one similarity with cellars and ordinary fridges – they come in a wide variety of sizes. Size is most commonly measured in terms of the capacity of the product to hold bottles, although some other criteria need to be considered as well.
Some are small enough to hold only one bottle and hence are ideal for those on the move. Common capacities however fall in the range of 10 to 40 bottles. Such refrigerators resemble a miniature countertop fridge with slide-out racks for holding the bottles.
Size however, is only one of the points you should keep in mind when choosing a cooler. Manufacturers have, over the past few decades, come up with a range of sophisticated features and with them, even more high-flying claims.
Given the sensitivity of wine to temperature, humidity and a range of other factors, the utility of such features is worth analyzing in light of your needs.
In other words, the raison d’être of all our endeavors is to help you enjoy the fulfilling taste of your favorite wine freshly drawn from a great wine cooler.